How to speak to animals in Baldur's Gate 3
Learning how to speak to animals in Baldur's Gate 3 can open up so many secrets, stories, and new paths, as you never know what life might be hiding behind the creatures that inhabit the Forgotten Realms.
Everybody's got a story in Baldur's Gate 3, and you're robbing yourself of so many great narratives both big and small by not channelling your inner Dr Dolittle. It can be quite unclear how you go about conversing with creatures though, but there are two main ways to start the process in the game.
Thankfully we've got everything you'll need to learn if you were wondering how to speak to animals in Baldur's Gate 3, so read on for all of the details below.
- Want to switch to a build that can speak to animals? Find out how to change class in Baldur's Gate 3 here
How to talk to animals in Baldur's Gate 3
Here are all of the ways that you can employ to speak to animals in Baldur's Gate 3:
- Speak With Animals spell
- Speak With Animals potion
- Playing as a Druid in animal form
- Playing as a Forest Gnome
- Level three Warlock Eldritch Invocation 'Beast Speech'
- Oath of the Ancients Paladin prepared spell
The quickest way to pick up this ability if you're wanting is right from the start is to either play as a Gnome with the Forest subrace - as they have the spell permanently active - or to pick one of the three classes with it as a level one spell.
- Master each dialogue interaction with increased charisma by figuring out how to respec in Baldur's Gate 3
These three classes are the Druid, Ranger, and Bard, but you will need to select it when creating your character (or swap it out on the prepared spells screen) in order to be able to use it.
Once used, the 'Speak With Animals' spell takes up one level one spell slot and is active until a long rest. Furthermore, the spell does not require concentration, so it is passively working throughout the entire day and lets you get on with whatever else you need to do.
- Want to adventure on the go? Find out if Baldur's Gate 3 runs on Steam Deck here, alongside all of the best settings to use
So, that's everything you need to know if you were wondering how to speak to animals in Baldur's Gate 3 - opening up a wide variety of new opportunities and stories for you to discover.
Looking for more help in your travels across the Forgotten Realms? Check out our Baldur's Gate 3 homepage for all of our incredibly helpful guides. Alternatively, why not check out our guide for a complete list of the Baldur's Gate 3 classes.