Witcher 3 update 4.02 patch notes: Bugs, stability & performance improvements
The Witcher 3 has finally been given a new patch, rolled on on consoles and PC today. Although released on 14 December 2022, the next-gen port has still been having issues on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. Here is everything that came with the Witcher 3 update 4.02 patch.
- Here are is the best Witcher 3 Death March build.
Witcher 3 update 4.02 patch notes: bugs, stability & performance
As listed on CD Projekt Red's official The Witcher website, the major changes for bug fixes, stability, and overall performance for The Witcher 3 across PC and console are as follows:
- Improved CPU core utilization in the DX 12 version.
- Restored horizon-based ambient occlusion. Players who had previously turned Ambient Occlusion off will need to do so again. You can find it in Options → Video → Graphics.
- Fixed an issue where the "My Rewards" section was not localized in REDlauncher.
- Fixed an issue with a flickering landscape in Toussaint that occurred when NVIDIA HairWorks was disabled.
- Fixed an issue related to particle optimization which could result in temporary stuttering.
- Improved Performance Mode on next-gen consoles.
- Fixed an issue where characters could become slightly blurry during dialogues and cutscenes on PlayStation 5.
- Fixed an issue related to memory usage in Ray Tracing Mode which could result in crashes on Xbox Series X.
- Whatsoever a Man Soweth... - The game will no longer crash if Geralt runs away from Shani after starting the conversation on next-gen consoles.
- Fixed an issue where quicksaves couldn't be loaded when using cross progression on Xbox One.
- Added two missing "Top notch swords!" on previous-gen consoles.
- Fixed an issue with overwriting manual saves where in some circumstances the oldest gamesave was deleted on PlayStation 5.
- Addressed performance issues in Beauclair and Novigrad that occurred after loading a gamesave.
Visual - PC and next-gen exclusive
- Improved immersion of water appearance by adding refraction to SSR and ray-traced reflections.
- Fixed a visual issue with brick textures where black artifacts covered stone arches.
- Added a Motion Blur slider. It can be found in Options → Video → Graphics.
Quests & gameplay - Available on all platforms
- Battle Preparations - Fixed the lack of a dialogue option that would progress the quest during the objective "Let Avallac'h know everything's ready."
- Reason of State - Fixed an issue where the door to the warehouse could become permanently locked if the player knocked, entered and then immediately left the building.
- Scavenger Hunt: Cat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams Part 1 - Fixed an issue where the quest could stay active even after the diagrams were looted.
- Fixed an issue where trying to start a New Game+ on an incompatible save would block the player from starting the expansions in standalone mode until the game was restarted.
Localisation - Available on all platforms
- Fixed an issue with the Korean localization of Ciri's and Geralt's Gwent card descriptions.
- Fixed punctuation issues in Arabic localization.
- Updated Traditional Chinese font.
It should be kept in mind that the above fixes are only the most notable changes in this Witcher 3 update. The rest of the tweaks made in The Witcher 3 patch 4.02 haven't been included in the patch notes since they are minor fixes.
That's all you need to know on The Witcher 3 update 4.02 patch. For more on game, check out the best swords in The Witcher 3. Alternatively, here is the best armour sets in The Witcher 3.
For even more guides on The Witcher, you can be sure to find them right here at GGRecon.