The Cycle Frontier Season One Explained
The Cycle Frontier season one has now begun, ushering in the game's first major event after its full release earlier in 2022. The Cycle Frontier is a PvPvE extraction shooter in a similar vein to Escape From Tarkov, allowing players to drop down onto the surface of an alien planet for short periods to earn resources and items. While the alien monsters and environment are a large threat to the player, other players are equally threatening, as they can decide to kill you for your loot at any moment. With the game's pre-season now over, here's all you need to know about the Cycle Frontier season one.
- Make sure to check out how to get the Cycle Frontier Skeleton Key so you can earn some of the best loot in the game from the Swamp Camp secret room.
The Cycle Frontier Season One Explained
The Cycle Frontier season one began on June 22, meaning players can dive into the debut season of the game now. The developers weren't fully clear on what was coming in the first season, keeping many of the details under wraps, but now we have a clear idea of the new content and the patch notes.
It's worth assuaging everyone's concerns about pre-season progress, as Yager have confirmed that there will be no wipe. This means if you've put a fair amount of time into the game so far, scavenging for resources and getting the best upgrades, you can keep that progress going forward.
The Cycle Frontier Season One Fortuna Pass
The Cycle Frontier's battle pass is called the Fortuna Pass, and it will run for the whole season, and works like the majority of contemporary battle passes in multiplayer games. There is a free track for players, and a paid one that costs 950 Aurum.
You will be able to earn XP boosters, new Prospector skins, melee weapons, emotes, banners, charms, and much more from the paid version, and the free one allows for players to earn Weapon Supply crates, resources, Aurum, and Salvage Tokens.
It's also been confirmed that starting from June 23, the Cycle Frontier Twitch drops will also begin, allowing players to earn stuff by watching skins.
The Cycle Frontier Patch Notes 1.2.0
With the first season, there are also some changes and bugfixes.
- The creature spawn for the Dead Scientist mission was adjusted - there will be at least 5 creatures that are always spawning.
- We adjusted some of the loot and enemy respawn timers.
- We did another tuning pass for our matchmaking buckets.
- You can now craft Altered Nickel. 5 common Nickel are required.
- B9 Trenchgun, Rusty B9 Trenchgun, and Shattergun got adjustments to their spread. Hipfire spread increased from 3.5 to 5.5. ADS spread increased from 3 to 5.
- Rusty AR-55 damage reduced from 13 to 12.
- AR-55 damage reduce from 13 to 12.
- Manticore damage reduced from 13 to 12.
- Fixes for the friends list import were applied.
- Fixed some item duplications.
- We fixed the problem that some players got stuck in their starter quests by adjusting the mission check.
- The Paladin Blade will be shown correctly in your inventory and can be equipped.
- The game does not launch in VR mode when you have a VR headset connected.
- You can transfer items from your loadout into a stash with a right-click when you have no backpack equipped.
- We made Newton proud and restored gravity in the following items close to the Crashed Ship on Bright Sands: Co-Tec Multitool, Hydraulic Piston, Zero Systems CPU.
- Bushes lost their rubber coating and do not block lightning anymore.
- Marauder had missing footsteps on some occasions. Those are fixed.
- Gunfire SFX from your own weapon is now louder than your squad mate's fire.
- Grenade SFX was fixed.
- You cannot skip the B9 Trenchgun reloading animation anymore.
- 2x Optic, 4x Optic, and 2x - 4x Variable Optic will not clip through the ASP Flechette any longer.
- If you attach a Tactical Light to the ASP Flechette it will not float under the weapon.
- The construct button gets greyed out properly now if you do not have enough materials.
- We added the missing localisation for "Confirm" in the Cosmetics tab.
- We added the missing localisation for the rarity in the Welcome Pack Shop.
- Fixed a visual issue with the Laser Drill battery display.
- Fixed flickering lights from a distant Laser Drill.
- We fixed occurrences of players spawning on top of each other.
- The Epic Medium Extended Magazine visuals were fixed for the AR-55.
- If you cycled between the Pickaxe and your weapons, you could lose control until you ledge climbed. This was fixed.
- The objective description of "Satellite Master Part 2" was fixed.
- Birds now make a proper noise when flying away. Best of course is to not scare them.
- Following angry complaints from ground control, you will not fly away anymore if you stand on top of a meteor while mining it.
- Fixed some of the reverb effects.
- Uplink sounds are also affected by the Master Volume Slider now. Same for the Dead Drop audio and Laser Drill SFX.
- Fixed broken crouching while on Prospect Station.
- The SFX for the Oil Pumped is played properly.
- You will not get stuck between the rails and tables in the small homes on Crescent Falls after the patch.
- The colour of the customise button in the vanity section is fixed.
That's all for our breakdown of the Cycle Frontier season one, and now you know what sets to come.
Make sure you also check our primer on the Cycle Frontier controller support if you don't like to use keyboard and mouse.