Stardew Valley Luau: Shop, Potluck And Best Outcomes
The Stardew Valley Luau is an annual festival that takes place on Summer 11 each year in Pelican Town. With the highlight being the communal potluck, and a special visit from the Governor who is awarded with the first taste of the dish. The player will receive a different Stardew Valley cutscene depending on which uncooked item they choose to place in it. To get the best results and wow the community with your potluck, read on for the full Stardew Valley Luau guide.
- If you’re attending the Luau to raise friendship points, why not try our Stardew Valley Elliott guide to fast track a relationship with the beach-going recluse?
Stardew Valley Luau Shop
As with the other festivals in Stardew Valley, Pierre will attend with a stall in which limited items will be available to purchase. Of particular note among the decorations is the Starfruit, which can be placed inside a Seed maker to produce Starfruit seeds.
This can be a good way for the player to acquire Starfruit seeds early, if they haven’t unlocked the Calico Desert yet. There are also various jungle themed wall decorations that can be placed in the player’s home.
- Did you know the Starfruit is liked by 11 other villagers, but disliked by Haley? Read our Stardew Valley Haley Guide for more info.
Stardew Valley Luau Potluck
Mayor Lewis will inform the player through the mail that the communal potluck is the highlight of the Luau, and they should bring something to contribute to it. If the player does not attend the festival, there are no adverse effects and friendship points will remain the same. The item you choose must be un-cooked. Depending on the rarity and quality of the item, the Governor will either show a love, like, neutral, dislike, or hate response.
Below are the items that will grant each response. The reward for achieving the best outcome is 120 friendship points with each villager, which is very useful if hunting for the friendship achievements in the game.
- Most Fruit Wines such as Apple, Banana and Ancient Fruit
- Uncommon Fish such as Blob Fish, Ice Pip and the Lava Eel.
- Legendary Fish such as the Legend and Crimsonfish.
- Less common animal goods such as Ostrich Egg, Large Goat Milk and Goat Cheese.
- Pale Ale
- Crops such as, Yam, Cauliflower, Melon, Artichoke, Pineapple, Red Cabbage and Starfruit
- All Mushrooms except Red Mushroom
- Animal Goods
- Artisan Goods such as wines
- Fairy Rose
- Uncommon and Legendary Fish
- If raising friendships is your goal, check out our Stardew Valley Sebastian guide to learn his favourite gifts and fast-track a friendship with him.
If achieved, the player receives 60 friendship points with the town as a reward.
- Most Fish
- Crops such as Amaranth, Artichoke, Beet, Kale, Melon, Red Cabbage and Rice
- Most Fruits such as Apple, Banana, Mango, Pineapple and Peach
- Cactus Fruit
- Energy Tonic
- Fairy Rose
- Animal Products
- Maple Syrup
- Purple Mushroom
- Truffle Oil
- Crops such as Potato, Beet, Bok Choy, Grape, Kale and Radish
- Flowers like Summer Spangle and Sunflowers
- Wines from forage fruits
- More common Fish
If achieved the player will lose 50 points with the townsfolk.
- Fish such as Anchovy, Carp, Herring and Sunfish
- Forage such as Blackberry, Crocus, Daffodil, Salmonberry, Spring Onion and Sweet Pea
- Trash items such as Green Algae, Joja Cola, Seaweed and White Algae
- Field Snack
- Qi Fruit
- Qi Fruit Wine
- Unmilled Rice
The player will lose 100 friendship points with each villager and the Governor is sick and passes out.
- Red Mushroom
- Scorpion Carp
- Sea Cucumber
- Void Mayonnaise
- Check out our Stardew Valley Shane Guide for more game tips, including how to unlock Blue Chickens.
Stardew Valley Luau: Hidden Outcome
It is possible to prank the potluck by placing Mayor Lewis’ underpants in it. During your playthrough you will receive a quest from Mayor Lewis to find his ‘lucky’ pair of purple shorts. Spoiler – they are in Marnie’s bedroom as it appears the two have been having a secret relationship.
To retrieve the pants, you’ll have to acquire two hearts with Marnie to enter her bedroom and collect the purple shorts. From there you can either return them to their rightful owner and receive some gold for your trouble, or hang on to them and add them into the potluck in Summer.
If the latter option is chosen you can now watch the chaos unfold as the Governor receives them on his spoonful of soup and is immediately outraged, along with Lewis and an embarrassed Marnie.
If this outcome is chosen, the pants will return to the player’s inventory after the festival, which means you can do it all again next year.
Friendship will not be affected with the other villagers if this option is chosen.
If you need to raise friendship with Marnie quickly to complete this, her best gifts are either Diamonds, Farmer’s Lunch, Pink Cake or Pumpkin Pie.
Hungry for more Stardew Valley Guides? Here’s our Stardew Valley Penny Guide for all things Penny, how to befriend her and more.