Sons of the Forest debug commands: How to use cheats
While the aim of Sons of the Forest is to survive the harsh conditions of a cannibalistic inhabited island, sometimes the fun of a game can be how to break it. With Sons of the Forest mods, it is now possible to enter God mode, have permanently full stat bars and even create multiple Kelvins to help you out around your base.
Read on as we tell you how to use debug commands and install the mod. As always use mods at your own discretion as they are not supported by the game developers and may cause game issues.
- Enjoying Sons of the Forest? Check out our guide on how to get Virginia in the game and all outfit locations for her here.
Sons of the Forest debug command cheat: How to install
The mod in question is called DebugConsole and allows you to enter the debug command menu. You can access the mod here via the Thunderstore. The menu then allows you to input commands with various effects, including spawning extra Kelvins.
- Enjoying Sons of the Forest? Check out our guide on how to get and use GPS Locators in Sons of the Forest.
Sons of the Forest all debug command cheats
Now you have the mod installed, to access the command menu press F1 in-game. This will bring up a list of all the available commands. The following is a list of the most popular commands and their effects:
- godmode on – This command turns on God mode.
- godmode off - This command turns off God mode.
- buffstats - Refills survival meters
- regenhealth - Refills health
- addallitems - adds all items to your inventory.
- removeallitems - Removes all items from inventory.
- additem [item name] - Adds an item (whichever item you add in the brackets)
- spawnworldobject x – Spawns an item to you.
- instantbookbuild on - Builds anything selected from the book.
- instantbookbuild off - Turns off instant build cheat.
- showhud off - Turns HUD off
- showhud on - Turns HUD on
- superjump on - Lets you super jump.
- superjump off - Turns off the super jump.
- speedyrun on – enables a faster run speed.
- speedyrun off - Turns off fast run speed.
- cavelight on - Illuminates the area around you.
- cavelight off - Turns off illumination command.
- createlight - Adds a light source to the world.
- settimeofday [1-24] - Changes the time of day.
- forcerain heavy – Changes the weather to rainy.
- forcerain sunny - Changes the weather to sunny.
- season summer - Changes the season to summer.
- season autumn - Changes the season to autumn.
- season winter - Changes the season to winter.
- season spring - Changes the season to spring.
- save - Saves your game.
NPC and enemy commands
- addcharacter robby 1 - Spawns an extra Kelvin to your game.
- addvirginia - Spawn an extra Virginia to your game.
- aigodmode on - Turns on God mode for companions.
- aigodmode off - Turns off God mode for companions.
- aighostplayer on – stops enemies targeting you.
- aighostplayer off - Enemies revert back to normal.
- aishowthoughts on - Display AI paths/thoughts
- killradius [number] - Kills everything within the chosen numerical range.
- Enjoying Sons of the Forest? Check out our guide on how to get the Modern Axe in Sons of the Forest.