Pokemon BDSP Friendship Checker: How To Raise Friendship Levels
The Pokemon BDSP Friendship Checker is an app that goes on your Poketch and while it may not seem important to newcomers to the series, it's vital to evolve certain Pokemon. Using the Friendship Checker app on your Poketch is the easiest way to check friendship levels in Pokemon BDSP, but using it isn't quite as intuitive as you'd hope. Wondering how to get the Pokemon BDSP Friendship Checker, how to use it, and which Pokemon can evolve with high friendship? You've come to the right place.
- Not got Pokemon walking alongside you yet? Learn everything you need in our how to get Pokemon to follow in Pokemon BDSP guide
Pokemon BDSP Friendship Checker: How To Get The App
In order to check the Friendship level of a Pokemon in your party, you find need to acquire the Friendship Checker app. This can be found by going to Eterna City, this is the city where you will earn the second Gym Badge by defeating Gardenia, a grass-type trainer.
Once you enter Eterna City head to the Pokecenter, also a great opportunity to heal your party after your adventure to the city. In the middle of the room is an NPC with brown hair, speak to her and she will give you the Friendship Checker app for your Poketch.
- Need a Pokemon to remember moves it's forgotten? Check out our guide on the Pokemon BDSP Move Relearner
Pokemon BDSP Friendship Checker: How To Use It
When you open the Friendship Checker app on your Poketch you will see your current party on the screen, click on one to check its Friendship level. This is done by holding the A button which will make hearts appear around the Pokemon. The more hearts that appear the higher the Friendship level. Some Pokemon only evolve by having a high Friendship level so this is something you should keep an eye on for those Pokemon.
Pokemon that evolve based on their Friendship level are,
- Pichu to Pikachu
- Eevee to Espeon (Day) and Umbreon (Night)
- Munchlax to Snorlax
- Azurill to Marill
- Cleffa to Clefairy
- Togepi to Togetic
- Budew to Roselia (Day)
- Riolu to Lucario
- Our Pokemon BDSP Drifloon guide explains exactly where to find and how to catch it
Pokemon BDSP Friendship Checker: How To Increase Friendship
There are many ways to increase Friendship levels with your Pokemon, these are,
- Have the Pokemon be first in your party.
- Battling and winning with the Pokemon.
- Walking with the Pokemon. You will unlock the ability to have a Pokemon walk alongside you on your adventure at Hearthome City after heading to Amity Square.
- Using Vitamin items such as Calcium, Zinc, Protein, or Iron.
- At Veilstone City near the gym there is a house where a woman will give a Pokemon a massage once per day, this will increase its Friendship level.
- Feeding the Pokemon Poffins, which can be cooked by using berries once the Poffin case is acquired in Hearthome City.
- By catching a Pokemon with a Soothe Ball, this will double the Friendship effects of all of the methods listed above.
Now you know how to use the Friendship Checker and raise friendship level in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, check out our guide on how to use Pokemon BDSP Poffins and win the Super Contest Show.