Primal Reversion Pokemon GO Explained
Primal Reversion is coming to Pokemon GO. As part of the string of 2023 Pokemon GO Tour: Hoenn events, players will for the first time be able to use Primal Kyrogre and Groudon - the Primal versions of the Hoenn legendaries we first saw in the Nintendo 3DS remakes, Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Let's get into exactly how Primal Reversion works in this Primal Reversion Pokemon GO guide.
Primal Reversion Pokemon GO: How Does It Work?
Firstly, Primal Reversion will first be available at the Pokemon GO Tour: Hoenn - Las Vegas - the branch of the Hoenn Tour that's only accessible for players in, you guessed it, Las Vegas. This will be during specific periods where they can encounter Primal Raid Battles, more difficult versions of normal Raid Battles.
Whilst many players who won't be attending the two-day event on 18-19 February 2023 may feel like they're missing out, the Pokemon GO site has confirmed that other players will be able to encounter Primal Kyogre and Groudon during Pokemon GO Tour: Hoenn - Global.
By completing Primal Surge Field Research, players will have a higher chance of encountering Primal Kyogre or Primal Groudon in raids.
Primal Reversion for both Groundon and Kyogre lasts for eight hours. To earn more Primal Energy, you can beat more Primal Groudon/Primal Kyogre raids or complete specific research tasks.
Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon Featured Attacks
If you manage to catch either Primal Groudon or Primal Kyogre, each will have powerful exclusive attacks. Primal Kyogre will know the Water-type Charged Attack, Origin Pulse - with 130 power. Primal Groudon will know the Ground-type Charged Attack, Precipice Blade - also with 130 power.
- Here is how to catch Kecleon in Pokemon GO.
Primal Reversion Pokemon GO Bonuses
When your Kyogre or Groudon enters its Primal form, you'll get the following bonuses which have also been confirmed on the official Pokemon GO announcement:
- Water, Electric, and Bug-type attacks will get attack bonuses when Primal Kyogre is in your party.
- Fire, Grass, and Ground-type attacks will get attack bonuses when Primal Groudon is in your party.
- The more Kyogre and Groudon undergo Primal Reversion, the more their Primal Level and eventual bonuses increase.
- Catching Water, Electric, and Bug-type Pokemon earns you more XP and Candy when Primal Kyogre is in your party.
- Catching Fire, Grass, and Ground-type Pokemon earns you more XP and Candy when Primal Groudon is in your party.
- Tapping on Groudon or Kyogre's Primal Level icon in its Pokemon page reveals either's respective Primal Level and its granted bonuses.
As mentioned above, Primal Reversion lasts for eight hours, meaning you'll need more Primal Energy to undergo it again. However, the more Groudon or Kyogre undergo Primal Reversion, the less Primal Energy is used - saving you more in the long run.
- Here is how to quickly farm Scatterbug Candy.
That's all you need to know about the Primal Reversion Pokemon GO debut. For else what's new in the game, check out the date and time for the Regice Raid. Alternatively, why not check out how you can get a Shiny Jirachi?
For even more Pokemon GO guides, you can be sure to find them right here at GGRecon.