Pokemon GO May Community Day: Special Moves, Alolan Geodude Bonuses, And More
Niantic has announced the next Pokemon GO Community Day, and it fits into the Season of Alola neatly — it's Alolan Geodude. This Rock/Electric-type is already available in its shiny form in Pokemon GO, but there will be a whole host of bonuses in effect as well.
Here are all the details you need for Alolan Geodude Community Day and special moves.
- Pokemon GO Community Days are a great way to pass the time while waiting for GO Fest. Here's what we know so far about Pokemon GO Fest 2022.
Pokemon GO May Community Day: Date and Time
This time around, Community Day is on a Saturday. Specifically, Alolan Geodude Community Day will take place May 21 from 11am to 2pm local time.
Reminder: Community Days are back to three hour blocks now, so be sure to plan accordingly.
However, the event window for obtaining the special move is for two hours afterward, meaning you have until 4pm local time to evolve for the move.
Pokemon GO May Community Day: Special Moves
While we're on the topic of the special Community Day move, let's take a look at it. For Alolan Geodude Community Day, any Alolan Graveler evolved between 11am and 4pm local time will become an Alolan Golem with the move Rollout.
Rollout is a Rock-type fast move that fits the Geodude family perfectly. Here's its damage:
- Gyms and Raids: 14 damage
- Trainer battles: 4 damage
Evolving Alolan Geodude into Alolan Graveler takes 50 Geodude candies. Then, there are two ways to evolve Alolan Graveler into Alolan Golem.
- Use 100 candies
- Trade Alolan Graveler with a friend (this reduces its evolution candy cost to zero)
Pokemon GO May Community Day: Bonuses
The Alolan Geodude family already have their shiny forms activated in Pokemon GO. However, the shiny chances will be increased for Community Day. Additionally, there are a ton of other bonuses to take note of.
- 3x Stardust
- Lures and Incense will last 3 hours
- 2x catch candy
- Double chance for Geodude XL candy when catching Alolan Geodude
- Trades cost 50% less Stardust
- One extra special trade can be made between 11am and 4pm local time
- Snapshots can lead to photobomb encounters with Alolan Geodude
- If enough Pokemon are caught near a Lured PokeStop, the Stardust bonus for Trainers near that Stop will increase to 4x for 30 minutes
- Alolan Geodude stickers will be available from PokeStops, gifts, and the in-game shop
- A free box will be available in the shop containing 30 Ultra BallsA Community Day box will be available for 975 PokeCoins. It'll contain a Super Incubator, a Lucky Egg, an Elite Fast TM, and a Star Piece
- The Season of Alola also has other Special Research quests for you to work through. Check out our guides to those here: A Melemele Adventure | An Akala Adventure | An Ula'ula Adventure
Pokemon GO May Community Day: Special Research
As has become the norm, a Special Research story will be available for Community Day. It'll require a ticket, available in the days prior to the event for USD$1 or the equivalent in your local currency. This Special Research quest will be titled "A Rocky Road."
A new feature is also coming to Special Research tickets on Community Days. Starting with May's Alolan Geodude CD, Trainers will be able to gift a ticket to a friend. Niantic has not released the full details yet, but the basics are as follows: Trainers will have the option to click "Gift" instead of "Buy" after selecting the Special Research ticket in the shop. This process will not work if the recipient already has the Special Research ticket from another gift or purchased it themselves.