League of Legends Patch 13.1 Patch Notes
League of Legends patch 13.1 is coming very soon. League of Legends season 13 begins soon, bringing with it changes and new additions. Patch 13.1 will usher in the new season, and set the tone for the rest of the year. Here are the patch notes for League of Legends patch 13.1.
- When does the League of Legends preseason end? Click here to find out.
League Of Legends Patch 13.1: Ranked Changes
As discussed in our League of Legends rank reset changes guide, ranked play is going to be very different in season 13. Specifically, the year is being split into two. Previous ranked seasons would last the full year, only being reset at the beginning of the next season. Starting this year, Riot plans to have a mid-season ranked reset.
Sometime in the middle of the year, all ranks will be reset and players will have to start over. This has been implemented to combat the issue of many top players reaching a rank plateau early in the year, and abandoning ranked play for the rest of it. Luckily, there will be a Victorious Skin for each ranking period, meaning players can earn two Victorious Skins in 2023.
Speaking of, more players will be able to earn the Victorious Skins with another upcoming change. Attaining Gold rank during the season will still unlock the skin for you, but also, players who do not reach Gold but play a significant amount of ranked matches will also receive the skin. Further, you no longer have to be at Gold or above at the end of the season, you simply need to reach Gold or the required number of matches within the season.
- For all you top laners, here are the League of Legends best top champions for season 13.
League Of Legends Patch 13.1: Jax Update
Jax is receiving a mid-scope update in patch 13.1. Jax has been in the game for a long time, and many have felt his time for a big update had come. Now, Jax should be more in-line with the modern game. The following changes are being made to his abilities:
- Q - Leap Strike: Ability power ratio removed (previously was 60%)
- E - Counter Strike: Damage 55-155 (+50% bonus attack damage) physical damage > 55-175 + 4% max health magic damage
- E - Counter Strike: Damage bonus per attack dodges 20% of total damage > 20% of base damage
- R - Grandmaster's Might: Cooldown 80s > 100 - 80s
- R - Grandmaster's Might: Passive: Damage 100/140/180 (+70% ability power) > 100-150 (+60% ability power)
- R - Grandmaster's Might: Active: Bonus armor 10-40 +10% bonus attack damage per target > 25-65+40% bonus attack damage and 15-25% = 10% bonus attack damage per target
- R - Grandmaster's Might: Active: Bonus magic resist is 75% of armors value
- R - Grandmaster's Might: NEW Active: Jax swings his lantern around him which deals 150-350 (+100% ability power) magic damage. Furthermore, if a champion is hit by this ability, Jax gains 10-40 (+0.1 bonus attack damage) armor and magic resist, plus 14-22 (+0.1 bonus attack damage) per champion that is hit for the next eight seconds. During this time, the passive damage applies with every second attack instead of every third.
- Here are our picks for the League of Legends best jungle champions for season 13.
League Of Legends Patch 13.1: Other Changes
The following changes to Champions and items are planned for patch 13.1:
- Passive damage reduced from 5-12 percent to 4-10 percent.
- E healing during R use reduced from 25/30/35/40/45 to 20/24/28/32/36.
- R move speed reduced from 60/80/100 percent to 50/65/80 percent.
- Dr. Mundo
- Base health reduced from 653 to 613.
- AR growth reduced from 4.2 to 3.7.
- Bonus E attack damage reduced from 2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5 percent of max health to 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 percent of max health.
- Passive damage reduced from three plus 4.5 percent per 100 bonus attack damage to three plus four percent per 100 bonus attack damage.
- Q damage reduced from 95/100/105/110/115 percent of bonus attack damage to 90/95/100/105/110 percent of bonus attack damage.
- Attack damage increased from 54 to 57.
- mW damage per tick increased from 25/40/55/70/85/100 to 35/50/65/80/95/110.
- mQ damage increased from 55/100/145/190/235/280 to 65/115/165/215/265/315.
- Base move speed reduced from 335 to 330.
- Passive damage reduced from 10-25 to 5-20.
- Minimum W damage reduced from 4.25/4.5/4.75/5/5.25 percent of target’s max health to 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3 percent of target’s max. Health.
- Maximum physical damage reduced from 8.25/8.5/8.75/9/9.25 percent of target’s maximum health to 7/7.25/7.5/7.75/8 percent of target’s maximum health.
- Base health increased from 104 to 110.
- Q slow increased from 16/19/22/25/28 percent to 20/24/28/32/36 percent.
- W cooldown reduced from 14/13/12/11/10 to 12/11/10/9/8 seconds.
- Attack damage reduced from 56 to 53.
- Base health reduced from 634 to 614.
- W percent bonus resists now amplifies flat resists from W.
- W armor reduced from 40 to 25.
- Perc. armor reduced from 60/70/80/90/100 percent to 40/55/70/85/100 percent.
- Q mana cost reduced from to 60 to 40, backstab crit damage increased from 30 percent to 40 percent.
- E attack damage ratio increased from 75 percent to 80 percent.
- Base health increased from 615 to 655.
- Max Q damage increased from 70/135/200/265/330 to 90/155/220/285/350.
- Twisted Fate
- Q cooldown reduced from six seconds to 6/5.75/5.5/5.25/5 seconds.
- Base attack speed increased from 0.625 to 0.658.
- Attack speed ratio increased from 0.625 to 0.658.
- Q damage reduced from 50/90/130/170/210/250 to 50/80/110/140/170/200, empowered damage reduced from 60/110/160/210/260/310 to 60/100/140/180/220/260.
- Attack damage growth reduced from 1.5 to 1.3.
- Q damage reduced from 15/18/21/24/27 to 15/17/19/21/23.
- Axiom Arc
- Lethality increased from 10 to 18.
- Horizon Focus
- Ability power increased from 85 to 100.
- Jak’Sho, The Protean
- Cost increased from 3,100 to 3,200.
- Resists increased from two per second, 15 percent total resists at max stacks to two per second, 20 percent total resists at max stacks.
- Rod of Ages
- Health increased from 300 to 400.
- Eternity changed — Resources restored to proc move speed reduced from 250 to 200, move speed amount increased from 25 percent to 35 percent, several quality of life changes and bug fixes.
- Seraph’s Embrace
- Total cost increased from 2,600 to 3,000.
- Ability power increased from 60 to 80.
- Ability haste increased from zero to 10.
- Change — No longer grants Haste equal to 1.3 percent bonus mana, now grants ability power equal to 2.5 bonus mana.
- Empyrean passive removed, replaced with Lifeline, which grants a shield for 250 plus 20 percent current mana.
- Winter’s Approach
- Cost reduced from 2,700 to 2,600.
- Health increased from 350 to 400.
- Legend: Tenacity
- Tenacity per Legend Stack reduced from 2.5 percent to 1.5 percent.
- Click here to learn how to use Champion and Skin Shards in League of Legends.
League Of Legends Patch 13.1: Release Date
League of Legends patch 13.1 releases the same day that season 13 begins, that Tuesday, January 10th. Players don't have too much longer to jump back in for another season and begin the ranked grind all over again.
That is it for our rundown of the League of Legends patch 13.1 patch notes. For more on the game, check out our picks for the best ADCs for season 13 in League of Legends.