Fortnite GeoGuessr explained: How to play, tips & tricks
If you're wondering how you can go about playing Fortnite GeoGuessr to test your geographical knowledge of Epic's battle royale mode, along with what it even is - keep reading for all you need to know.
Fortnite GeoGuessr lets you explore the vast map of Fortnite in a spin-off of GeoGuessr - the sensational geographical browser game- while putting your knowledge to the ultimate test. If you consider yourself an expert on all things Fortnite, then this just may be the ticket for you, so let's break down Fortnite GeoGuessr.
- If you're unhappy with your recent in-game purchases, find out how to refund skins and other cosmetics in Fortnite.
What is Fortnite GeoGuessr?
The Fortnite version of GeoGuessr is a browser-based geography game similar to the actual GeoGuessr itself, where you get dropped into a random location somewhere throughout Fortnite's map and must use the visual clues around you to determine exactly where you are.
This works very similarly to GeoGuessr, which sees you being dropped into a random area of the Globe before needing to work out where you've arrived at.
in Fortnite GeoGuessr, you're able to choose whether you want to play alone or with others to determine who has the most geographical Fortnite knowledge, and can even decide on which specific Chapters you'd like to appear in the game's that you play - perfect if you consider yourself a Fortnite connoisseur! Invite your friends and see if you're as Fortnite-smart as you think you are!
- Here's how you can display Ping in Fortnite to check how responsive your game currently is.
How to play GeoGuessr in Fortnite
To play Fortnite GeoGuessr, you'll need to head to its main site over on Lostgamer.io. Fortnite GeoGuessr is completely free, and you don't need to make an account or take any extra steps to play.
- Before you begin, you need to choose what time period in Fortnite history you'd like to use for your game. Do you want to play with locations from any Chapter or Season, or do you want to limit your guessing to specific ones? The choice is yours.
- Next, you'll be presented with a few more options to fine-tune your game of Fortnite GeoGuessr, such as game length, how many rounds there are and whether you can pan the camera or zoom in.
- Now, press 'Start Game', and after a short loading screen, you'll appear in your location.
Wherever you are, you're stuck. Depending on your settings, all you can do now is move the camera around and zoom in and out to figure out where you are located on the Fortnite map. When you're ready to make a guess, focus your attention on the minimap in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Then, select a spot on the map and press 'Make Guess' to lock in your choice, before a screen pops up displaying a white pin representing the spot you guessed and a red pin that depicts the exact location of where you were. You'll then be awarded a certain amount of points depending on how close your guess was.
- If you're finished playing Fortnite GeoGuessr and want to dive back into the battle royale, here's how to see footsteps.
Tips and tricks for Fortnite GeoGuessr
Looking to maximise your Fortnite GeoGuessr scores? Here are a few tried and true tips for success at Fortnite GeoGuessr:
- Start by trying to figure out what Biome you're in. If all you see is grass and rocks, you know you're not at a location in the Desert or the Mountains. This strategy will help you quickly narrow down your guessing options.
- In the top right corner of the screen is a box that tells you what Chapter and Season you're in. Use this information to spark your memory and gain an extra advantage when it comes to figuring out where you are in Fortnite.
- Look for iconic Fortnite POIs and Landmarks. Occasionally, Fortnite GeoGuessr will drop you in a remote location where the only thing in sight is hills, trees, and bushes. However, sometimes all it takes is a little panning and zooming to find that one identifying Landmark that will solve the puzzle of where you are on the Fortnite map.
So, that's everything that there is to know about Fortnite GeoGuessr. Be sure to check out our Fortnite homepage for all of the latest news and guides, or visit these first-person Fortnite map codes in your next gaming session.