Final Fantasy 14 Pandaemonium: How To Unlock Asphodelos Savage
The Final Fantasy 14 Asphodelos Savage tier has finally gone live for the FFXIV Pandaemonium raids in Endwalker, with patch 6.05. Along with balance changes, new items, and a new event, the hungriest of Final Fantasy 14 players can now test their reflexes with the game’s most premiere high-level content and reap the rewards from it too. In order to get in on the action, you can follow this guide towards unlocking and preparing for Asphodelos Savage. Here's everything you need to know about how to unlock Savage Asphodelos Final Fantasy 14 raids and participate in Pandaemonium.
- Still playing through Endwalker? Read about how to complete the Final Fantasy 14 Secret in the Box quest
How To Unlock FF14 Asphodelos Savage Raids
In case it needs to be said, you do have to complete the entirety of Endwalker in order to unlock the endgame raids. At a bare minimum, completion of the quest Endwalker and concluding the Main Scenario Questline, will unlock the normal versions of the first tier of Pandaemonium. You can unlock them by starting The Crystal From Beyond quest from Nemjiji in Old Sharlayan (x:9.6, y:11.9).
Only when you’ve progressed through the raid’s story and completed all four normal raids in the tier, will you be able to unlock the savage versions of each fight.
- Our top Final Fantasy 14 tips are what you need if you're just starting out with the MMO
Preparing For FF14 Asphodelos Savage Raids
More importantly than simply unlocking Savage, you need to be able to tackle the content with the appropriate gear to complete the content, otherwise why even try. Currently, the minimum level for Asphodelos: The First Circle Savage (P1S), is 570, but you’ll need to be well above that if you want to be a contributing member of any party.
The current gear flowchart at endgame in Endwalker is as follows:
- Obtaining Aphorism/Moonward gear with Tomes of Aphorism, will allow you to be geared up enough to complete Extreme Trials 1&2. Both are unlocked by speaking to the Wandering Minstrel in Old Sharlayan (x12.7, y:14.3)
- Completing and farming these two trials will gear you with the appropriate gear that serves as a minimum for raiding. EX Trial 1 will drop all jewellery items, and EX Trial 2 will provide the best job weapon for raiding.
- Next, you’ll need to continuously farm the normal raids for drops to trade in for the normal raid gear. In order to do well in Savage, you must replace your Moonward gear with the normal raid gear as soon as possible.
Once your character is decked with normal raid gear for armour, an EX2 weapon, and EX1/Normal Raid accessories, setting aside melding, this should be enough to get you into raiding this savage tier!