Cult Of The Lamb Doctrines: A Full List And What They Do
Cult of the Lamb Doctrines make up the core tenets of your religion and allow you to specialise what type of cult leader you are, and the choices you make are extremely important as they cannot be overruled. Cult of the Lamb is a game about building up your very own religious cult, while manipulating your flock to make yourself more powerful. You will make all the key decisions about how your cult functions, but it's worth knowing exactly how the Cult of the Lamb Doctrines work before making the important choices about which core ideas to build around. So read on for a full explanation of the Doctrines system.
- Make sure to check out our explainer of Cult of the Lamb Gold, which includes the best methods of farming the currency.
Cult Of The Lamb Doctrines: What Are Doctrines?
Doctrines provide a structure for your cult and influence what practices you and your flock take part in, but they also have useful benefits, such as giving followers traits, or unlocking new types of rituals for you to use.
To declare new Doctrines, you will need to earn enough Commandment Stone Fragments to create a full stone, and use it in your church. These fragments can be earned as your follower's loyalty increases, and they can also appear during crusade runs - either in the shop, or as a drop after defeating Bishop enemies.
With a full Commandment Stone, go to the church in your commune and then open the 'Crown' menu where you can declare a new Doctrine. There are five different Doctrine categories in Cult of the Lamb, and each one has four different Doctrines. You'll have to choose between two Doctrines every time you select a category, meaning you can gain a total of two Doctrines from each category.
The categories are: Afterlife, Work and Worship, Possessions, Law and Order, and Sustenance. There is also a chance that the One Who Waits will summon you to him sometimes and give you a Doctrine to help manage aspects of your cult.
- We also have a primer on how to heal in Cult of the Lamb, which covers healing yourself and your followers to make sure both are in top shape.
Cult Of The Lamb Doctrines: A Full List
- Belief in Sacrifice Trait - All cult members will gain the Belief in Sacrifice trait. +20 Faith when another cult member is sacrificed.
- Belief in Afterlife Trait - All cult members will gain the Belief in Sacrifice trait. Faith loss is reduced to -5 Faith when a follower dies.
- Ritual of Resurrection - Perform a ritual at your temple that allows you to bring a dead follower back to life.
- Funeral - Perform a ritual at your temple to conduct a funeral for a recently passed follower. Gain +20 Faith.
- Respect Your Elders - All cult members will gain the Respect Your Elders trait. Followers receive +5 Faith for every elder follower in the cult
- The Good Die Young - All cult members will gain the Good Die Young trait. Gain +10 Faith if an elder is sacrificed, murdered, or consumed, but lose -20 Faith if an elder dies naturally.
- Return to the Earth - Unlocks Natural Burial building. The corpses of the dead followers can return to the earth to become Fertilizer.
- Grieve the Fallen - Unlocks the Grave building. Gain +2 Faith when followers grieve at the Grave.
Work and Worship
Work and Worship I
- Faithful Trait - All cult members will gain the Faithful trait. Generate Cult of the Lamb Devotion 15% faster.
- Industrious Trait - All cult members will gain the Industrious trait and increase work speed by 15%.
Work and Worship II
- Inspire - Inspire a follower to significantly increase their loyalty. Replaces the bless action.
- Intimidate - Intimidate a follower to slightly increase their loyalty as well as make them work 10% harder for two days. Replaces the bless action.
Work and Worship III
- The Glory of Construction - Perform a ritual at your temple that will immediately build all structures currently under construction.
- Ritual of Enlightenment - Perform a ritual at your temple that will temporarily increase Devotion generation speed at your shrine by 20% for three days.
Work and Worship IV
- Glory Through Toil Ritual - Perform a ritual at your temple which allows your followers to work through three days and nights without getting tired.
- Holy Day - Perform a ritual at your temple declaring a day of rest. Your followers will not work that day and gain +80 Faith.
- Extort Tithes - Unlocks the Extort Tithes follower action. Collect Gold from a follower once a day.
- Bribe Follower - Unlocks the Bribe Follower action. Bribe a follower with three gold to increase their loyalty.
- Belief in Materialism Trait - All cult members will gain the Materialistic trait. Gain Faith when building better sleeping quarters.
- Belief in False Idols Trait - All cult members will gain the False Idols trait. Gain more Faith when placing a decoration building.
- Alms for the Poor - Perform a ritual at your temple in which you distribute Gold to all followers to increase their loyalty. You also gain +10 Faith.
- Ritual of Enrichment - Perform a ritual at your temple in which all followers donate coins to you.
- Sacral Architecture - All cult members will gain the Sacral Architecture trait. When a new building is constructed, gain +5 Faith.
- Devotee Trait - All cult members will gain the Devotee trait. Gain more Faith when delivering a Sermon.
Law and Order
Law and Order I
- Murder Follower - Unlocks the Murder Follower action. Allows you to murder a follower, but some followers who see it can become distraught.
- Ascend Follower Ritual - Perform a ritual at your temple in which you can ascend a follower's spirit to a higher plane of existence. All followers gain loyalty.
Law and Order II
- Ritualistic Fight Pit - Allows you to perform a ritual where two followers are forced to fight to the death.
- Wedding - Allows you to perform a ritual at the temple and marry one of your followers. Gain 30 Faith.
Law and Order III
- Belief in Original Sin Trait - All are born guilty. Reduced Faith loss when putting a follower in jail who is not dissenting.
- Belief in Absolution Trait - Freedom above all else. Every day that begins without in prison, gain +10 Faith.
Law and Order IV
- Loyalty Enforcer - Perform a ritual at your temple in which you appoint a follower as your Loyalty Enforcer, tasked with patrolling the cult and raising the loyalty of your followers.
- Tax Enforcer - Perform a ritual at your temple in which you appoint a follower as your Tax Enforcer, tasked with collecting money from other cult members.
- Ritual Fast - Perform a ritual at your temple to declare a fast. Followers will not eat or be hungry for the next three days.
- Feasting Ritual - Unlock the Feasting Ritual. Throw a grand feast for your followers to refill their hunger and gain +25 Faith.
- Cannibal Trait - All cult members will gain the Cannibal Trait. +5 Faith when eating a meal made from the follower meat.
- Grass Eater Trait - All cult members will gain the Grass Eater Trait. No negative Faith when a follower eats a meal made from grass.
- Ritual of the Harvest - Perform a ritual at your temple that causes all seeds to immediately be ready for harvest.
- Ritual of the Ocean's Bounty - Perform a ritual at your temple which for two days will make special fish more likely to appear while fishing. You will also catch double fish.
- Sustenance Encouraged - All cult members will gain the Substances Encouraged Trait. Gain +20 Faith when Brainwashing ritual is performed.
- Belief in Prohibition Trait - All cult members will gain the Prohibitionist Trait. Increase work speed and Devotion generation by 10%, but there is a 50% chance of followers becoming sick after a Brainwashing ritual.
The One Who Waits
- Read Minds - Interact with followers to read their thoughts, as well as see how hungry, tired, or sick they are.
- Sacrifice of the Flesh - Sacrifice a follower to grow your strength and unlock new abilities and weapons. Higher level followers will be more valuable when sacrificed.
That's all for our breakdown of the Cult of the Lamb Doctrines, and now you know how the system works, and what all the Doctrines are.
If you need a breakdown of the Cult of the Lamb Tarot Cards system and what buffs each one gives you, we've got you covered.