World of Warcraft Dragonflight: Embers of Neltharion release date, new zone, raid, & more
You may want to know about the World of Warcraft Dragonflight: Embers of Neltharion release date, as the next big patch for the latest WoW expansion is around and the corner, giving players a new zone, raid, and more.
World of Warcraft is one of the biggest games of all time, and its most recent expansion, Dragonflight, released toward the tail end of 2022, giving players a brand-new story and region to explore. As a game that needs new content to stay fresh, subsequent updates have brought new ways for players to experience the expansion.
So, if you want to know the World of Warcraft Dragonflight: Embers of Neltharion release date, we've got you covered.
- Make sure to also check our WoW server population guide.
World of Warcraft Dragonflight: Embers of Neltharion release date
World of Warcraft Dragonflight: Embers of Neltharion, also known as patch 10.1, currently has no known release date, but it's set to continue the story from update 10.0.7, which is confirmed to be launching on March 21.
This means update 10.1 is likely to release sometime in late Spring or early Summer. We'll make sure to update this guide once we have an exact release date.
World of Warcraft Dragonflight: Embers of Neltharion new content
Embers of Neltharion continues where we left off in content update 10.0.7. As the Incarnates calculate their next move, they look to regain strength and recruit new allies. Fyrakk seeks to rally the djaradin deep within the hidden underground Zaralek Cavern where it's revealed that the fallen Earth-Warder, Neltharion, housed his darkest experiments in a secret laboratory known as Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible.
But they're not the only ones seeking entrance to this lab. A rebellious sect of Dracthyr called the Sundered Flame, led by Scalecommander Sarkareth, fight to gain control of the facility and claim the legacy they believe they're owed…
New Zone: Zaralek Cavern
- Entry points into Zaralek Cavern can be found Thaldraszus, Azure Span, and Ohn'ahran Plains.
New Renown Track: Niffen and the friendly denizens of Zaralek Cavern
- Niffen are a mole-like race with a strong sense of smell
- Drogbar are a familiar race known for their love of lifting heavy objects and racing snails.
New Raid: Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible
- Aberrus is a secret laboratory that was hidden within Zaralek Cavern and is where the fallen Eart-Warder Neltharion houses his darkest experiments; it's a place where he no only created the Dracthyr, but succumbed to the whispers of the Old Gods.
- Players will face nine bosses in an effort to thwart the Incarnates as well as Scalecommander Sarkareth, who seeks to claim the legacy of the Dracthyr.
- Aside from Sarkareth, Azeroth's champions will face several powerful enemies within Aberrus, including an elementium dragon, hydras, and other enemies soon to be revealed.
- Like Season 1, normal, heroic, and mythic difficulties will release simultaneously.
New Mythic + rotation:
- The remaining Dragonflight dungeons will enter the fray:
- Brackenhide Hollow
- Halls of Infusion
- Uldaman: Legacy of Tyr
- Four dungeons from past expansions will provide new challenges to keep the M+ rotation fresh:
- Freehold, Battle for Azeroth
- The Underrot, Battle for Azeroth
- Neltharion's Lair, Legion
- Vortex Pinnacle, Cataclysm
- Seasonal affixes are in development and will be available for testing later in the PTR cycle.
New and updated outdoor content:
- Fyrakk Assaults
- Similar to primalist invasions currently available, with new rewards including gear sets, weapons, achievements, and more.
- Dragonriding updates
- Zaralek Cavern will offer new glyphs to find, abilities to learn, new races to complete, and a new cloud serpent-inspired drake.
- New quests: both Zaralek Cavern and the Dragon Isles aboveground will provide new campaign quests as well as continue questlines from previous stories that followed the Blue Dragonflight and the reformation of Tyr.
- Cross-faction Guilds
- Class balance and tuning
- Heads-up display and user interface changes
- Heirloom Armor updates (providing updates level scaling to level 70)
That's all for our coverage of the World of Warcraft Dragonflight: Embers of Neltharion patch 10.1, and now you know all the new content being added, and when it's set to release.
We also cover how to fix the population incompatible error in World of Warcraft.