VALORANT update 7.07 patch notes, competitive changes & map updates
The VALORANT update 7.07 patch notes are here, detailing all the latest changes in the game, including alterations to competitive, map updates, and bug fixes for Agents, Premier Mode, and more.
VALORANT has a smaller patch for this update, though it's managed to remain fresh for three years due to the constant update schedule practised by Riot Games. This allows bigger changes like new Agents, maps, or meta overhauls to be pushed through to the game more regularly.
So, if you're looking for coverage of the latest patch, check out the VALORANT update 7.07 patch notes below to see when it's releasing and all of the changes.
- Here's our VALORANT Agent tier list
When does VALORANT update 7.07 release?
VALORANT update 7.07 will be releasing worldwide on October 3, 2023. Tuesday is the main VALORANT patch day, though the changes aren't available to everyone around the world until early the following day.
While we don't have exact times as to when the patch will drop, here are the general release times for VALORANT updates, so you know roughly when your game will begin updating:
- 3 - 6 AM BST
- 10 AM - 2 PM EST
- 7 - 11 AM PST
- 4 - 7 CEST
- 11 AM - 3 PM AEST
- 1 - 4 PM NZST
VALORANT patch 7.07 summary
VALORANT update 7.07 is a small patch for the game, with one of the main changes being the reversal of the rank restriction made in the 7.06 patch about five stacks in ranked mode.
Most of the other changes consisted of bug fixes, such as a patch for the improper surround sound that could happen randomly, a fix for Cypher that allows his ultimate to fully trigger even if he dies, and Premier Mode fixes relating to overtime.
- Check out our VALORANT weapon tier list to see the best guns in the game
Full VALORANT update 7.07 patch notes
After listening to your feedback, we have decided to remove the recent rank restriction made to 5 stack that was implemented in Patch 7.06. We know how important it is to play with your friends and your need for flexibility in order to do that.
Initially, the rank restriction was made to prevent people from illegitimately boosting to the highest ranks like Radiant. In the end, we realized that your ability to have flexibility with your 5 stack was more important than the very small number of people who abuse this exploit.
However, we still recognize that boosting is a risk to competitive integrity and are working on an appropriate long term solution that doesn't impact your ability to play with friends in a 5 stack.
- Updated the destruction VFF for the destrucible door panels located at Mid Doors/Garage in order to make it easier to see through as it falls away
- Enabled multithreaded rendering for discrete Intel GPUs and lowered required CPU core count
In Patch 7.06, we fixed a bug that allowed the game ti output to surround sound when certain conditions were met, but the surround mix was untested and unsupported. VALORANT currently only supports stereo and mono sound output.
- To simulate surround sound on headphones, we offer an HRTF setting. We do not recommend combining the HRTF setting in game with our surround sound virtualization software at the same time since this will result in double processing
- Note that other surround sound virtualization software cannot derive surround sound information from the stereo mix
- Neural Theft (X) now complertes even if Cypher dies after casting
- Fixed an issue where you could remain blinded if spectating a flash through Cypher's Spycam (E) as the round ended
- Dizzy's (E) enemy detection range is now correctly reduced while inside of Viper's Pit (X) ability
- Fixed an issue where the Attacker team takes priority over the Defender team in the Overtime vote
- Fixed a bug where a second timer bar would appear after the "Choose Side" vote had already ended
- Fixed a bug where certain scenarios would cause subsequent Overtime Priority votes to occur in the following round
That's all for our breakdown of the VALORANT update 7.07 patch notes, and now you know all about the game's latest changes.