VALORANT Fracture Changes: 5.07 Patch Notes
VALORANT patch 5.07 has launched, bringing with it a ton of Fracture changes. Along with that, patch 5.07 brought various nerfs and buffs to a handful of VALORANT agents, including a rework to how Skye's Guiding Light flashbang works. We're going to break down all these major changes, including the Fracture changes, introduced to VALORANT in patch 5.07.
VALORANT 5.07 Fracture Changes
The lane leading up to Benches and Arcade on B Site has been massively widened. The idea is that it will make dealing with attacker aggression easier. Defenders now have more room to work with and smokes/mollies are less effective in this area.
The steps behind the boxes on B site have been changed to a ramp. This means players will no longer have to jump and lose accuracy to get onto the site.
The size of Generator has been adjusted to allow for easier full smoke coverage. A small corner has also been removed to simplify re-clearing the area.
A corner leading from CT to A Site has been removed - making it easier for the defenders to retake CT/A Site.
The Cubby inside A Halls has been removed - simplifying the lane and increasing the effectiveness of Raze’s Boombot and Sova’s Recon Dart in this area.
The box on the top of A Site has been pushed against the wall, bringing it in line with general map simplifications. Players will no longer be able to hide behind it.
One of the paths through Dish has been completely removed. As a result, controlling and attacking this area has been simplified dramatically.
The geometry of A Drop has been changed. Entering into site from Drop is no longer a 50-50, making it easier to pinch A Site on a take/retake.
The wall in front of A Rope has been removed, and a small balcony has been added. This opens up the angle to Drop, but also makes it harder to smoke.
VALORANT 5.07 Agent Changes
Sky’s Guiding Light flashbang has been fundamentally changed:
- Duration of Guiding Light increased from 1s to 2.25s. This increased duration is based on how long Skye is piloting Guiding Light and gradually increases over 0.75s after casting.
- Players are no longer able to shoot and destroy Guiding Light.
- New visuals and audio cues have been added to reflect Guiding Light’s changes.
- Skye’s unequip delay out of Guiding Light has been increased from 0.75s to 0.85s.
KAY/O’s right-click FLASH/DRIVE pop-flash has been nerfed to make it less effective.
- FLASH/DRIVE right-click flash duration decreased from 2s to 1.25s.
- FLASH/DRIVE left-click flash duration increased from 2s to 2.25s.
- KAY/O’s unequip delay out of FLASH/DRIVE increased from 0.6s to 0.85s.
Reyna’s Leer flashbang has been changed to make it a more effective solo entry-tool.
- Windup of players affected by Nearsight decreased from 0.6s to 0.4s.
- Leer no longer has any sort of range restriction on its Nearsight effect.
- Nearsight unequip delay has been increased from .7s to .5s.
- Duration of Leer decreased from 2.6s to 2s.
Yoru had a very small change to the duration of his flashbang.
- Blindside flashbang duration increased from 1.5s to 1.75s.
- Decreased the size of body-marker hologram when bodies are disabled in settings.
VALORANT 5.07 Collection Changes
- Players can now favourite skins, sprays, gun buddies, borders, and player cards. The collection can now be filtered by favourites.
- Players can now equip a “random favourite” skin for each weapon type. Every time you enter a match, weapons with this flag will choose a random skin and variation from your favourites for each flagged weapon.
- Additional collection filtering options have been added.
VALORANT 5.07 Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where KAY/O’s NULL/CMD would disable a Killjoy Turret if the Turret was hit by the ability but Killjoy was not.
- Fixed an issue causing Killjoy’s Turret to fire after losing sight of an enemy.
- Fixed an issue where Killjoy’s Turret would come online shooting if it was disabled while shooting at an enemy.
- Fixed an issue where Pheonix would not re-equip his weapon after exiting Run It Back.
- Fixed an issue where Breech’s Rolling Thunder showed dead enemies hit in the combat report.
- Fixed an issue where if a player was deafened from multiple abilities, the deafening debuff would be removed completely upon the first deafening effect ending.
For more VALORANT guides, keep reading GGRecon.