MW3 beta start dates, how to register, preload & early access details
With whisperings of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 growing ever louder, you’re probably wondering about the details of the MW3 beta, including when the MW3 early access starts, how to register, your preload options, and more. Thankfully, we’re here to give you everything we know so far.
Following on from Modern Warfare 2 in the reboot trilogy, Modern Warfare 3 looks set to shake things up with a few familiar faces along the way. Players wanting to take a peek a little earlier may get the chance to do so with the Modern Warfare 3 beta.
So, we’ll break down everything we know so far about the early access beta for the game, and continue to provide updates throughout.
- If you’re looking for more on Modern Warfare 3, be sure to find out who Makarov is before release
MW3 Beta dates: When does MW3 early access start?
The official Call of Duty Twitter has announced that the beta will take place over two weekends. While the first will only be for PlayStation players, the second will incorporate Xbox and PC:
- Beta Weekend 1: October 6, 2023 – October 10, 2023 (PlayStation Exclusive Weekend)
- Beta Weekend 2: October 12, 2023 – October 16, 2023 (Crossplay Beta)
These beta weekends will give players a taste of what they can expect from MW3 in the run-up to its release on November 10, which is sure to be a major event to mark on the calendar.
- Be sure to find out if there will be Slide Cancelling in Modern Warfare 3
MW3 beta start times
Now you know the dates for the MW3 beta weekends, you're going to need to know what time they start. Thankfully they all start at the same time, with just the difference in time zone to consider:
With these times in mind, everyone with a code will be able to jump into the beta at the same time. However, it may be worth preloading now rather than waiting until the last minute.
- Be sure to check out how to get the Lockpick Operator Skin pack for MW3
How to pre-download the MW3 beta
With the MW3 beta fast approaching, you can start preloading it so that you're ready for the weekend ahead. To do so, you need to:
- Press Start on the MW2 application
- Select Manage Game Content
- Install the Modern Warfare 3 Beta Packs
Once you've followed these steps, you'll be that little bit closer to getting access to the MW3 beta.
- Be sure to check out if Verdansk is making a return in MW3
How to get MW3 beta early access
To get early access to the MW3 beta, players will need to pre-order Modern Warfare 3 on their platform of choice.
Remember, if you pre-order a physical copy of the game, you will receive your beta code via email or on your receipt for the title. This will need to be activated on the official Call of Duty website once the beta redeem code page becomes available.
As for those who pre-order digitally, the process is a lot simpler as you won't need to redeem a code and will automatically be able to access the beta when it goes live.
- Check out all the pre-order bonuses available for MW3
How to get the MW3 beta code for free
Not everyone wants to pre-order MW3 ahead of release and as a result, it's assumed you just have to wait for the open beta periods.
Well, that doesn't have to be the case, as there are opportunities to get hold of a MW3 beta code for free without a pre-order. Here are the available options:
- Keep an eye out for your favourite CoD creators who are often given beta codes to hand out.
- Regularly check the official CoD Twitter (X) which gave out countless MW2 beta codes ahead of release.
These are certainly not guaranteed ways of getting a MW3 beta code, but it's worth a try if you want to play as early as possible without pre-ordering.
That’s everything you need to know about the early access beta for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. For more on MW3 in the run-up to release, be sure to check out our MW3 homepage to keep up to date with news and updates.