How to increase FPS in Honkai Star Rail
Unfortunately, Honkai enthusiasts are wondering how to increase that all-important FPS number since it is lacking compared to other games with similar graphical fidelity.
Below, we’ll be running you through how to counter this with tips on increasing Honkai Star Rail’s frames per second so that you can utilise those expensive internal components and push the game to its true potential.
- Here's how to perform a follow up attack in Honkai Star Rail.
How to Increase FPS in Honkai Star Rail
While not a particularly demanding game, players of Honkai Star Rail have been a bit puzzled by the fact that they’re not getting any more than 60 FPS. Sadly, this is due to the fact that Hoyoverse has actually put a frame limiter in place, capping the game to a maximum of 60 frames per second.
This is a little frustrating for those that are wanting a more buttery smooth experience but it's not something that you really should be expecting since Genshin Impact shared the same frame limits.
However, with all this being said, there is in fact a workaround that you can employ to bypass the frame limit Hoyoverse has imposed on Honkai Star Rail, increasing FPS exponentially.
The way you do this is to head into the game’s files and do a little editing trickery, so if you’re not comfortable with doing that, potentially making a few corruptions on the way, maybe it’s best to leave it alone.
Additionally, performing this workaround does have a known issue of creating problems with the in-game menus, so also keep that in mind.
On the flip side, if you’re not bothered by the above and do want to increase Honkai Star Rail’s FPS, here is what you need to do:
- Boot up Honkai Star Rail and adjust at least one graphic setting
- Exit out of the game
- Open the Registry Editor by pressing the Windows key and R then type regedit.
- When the prompt pops up, search for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cognosphere\Star Rail.
- Find and right-click on GraphicsSettings_Model_h2986158309 and select Modify.
- Next, look for FPS which should be on the right hand side of your monitor.
- Here, you can replace the value from 60 to 120, which is the max FPS you can achieve.
Applying this ‘fix’ to increase Honkai Star Rail’s FPS will make the game that bit more enjoyable for those that want to brave the file tweaking but hopefully in the future, the developers will actually bake this option in the game’s menu itself.
If you’re just looking to increase Honkai Star Rail’s FPS as you’re getting low frames, nothing to do with the cap, there are a few graphical tweaks you can do to make it run better.
For more Honkai Star Rail guides, keep reading GGRecon.