When Is The FIFA 23 January Transfer Update?
With the winter transfer window being rather hectic this year, you might be wondering when the FIFA 23 January transfer update will arrive.
New cards with updated clubs can become significantly more expensive in FIFA, and that can also lead to exciting promo cards which players always love. So, to find out all the details surrounding the FIFA 23 January transfer update, make sure to read on down below.
- Avoid any overspending by checking out this guide for the FIFA 23 cheapest 87 rated players.
FIFA 23 January Transfer Update Release Date
The first FIFA 23 January transfer update arrived on February 1, with a handful of players transferred early on in the window receiving updated cards. There is likely to be multiple batches though, as the first release is missing quite a few high profile moves, including half of Chelsea's squad.
We will likely see these arrive in the following days as all of the moves become finalised and they can be officially added to FUT. Any 'outdated' versions of players who have moved clubs will remain in packs until their new card arrives, unless they have been without a club in between like Ronaldo's bizarre case.
- Make sure to check out this FIFA 23 managers list if you're looking to boost the chemistry of your squad.
FIFA 23 January Transfer Update Players
Here is a full list of the players that have been released in the FIFA 23 January transfer update, alongside their new club:
- Benoit Badiashile (Chelsea)
- Cody Gakpo (Liverpool)
- Daley Blind (Bayern Munich)
- Martin Dubravka (Newcastle United)
- Ruslan Malinovskyi (OM)
- Maximilian Wober (Leeds United)
- Matheus Cunha (Wolves)
- Kasper Dolberg (TSG Hoffenheim)
- Geronimo Rulli (Ajax)
- Mislav Orsic (Southampton)
- Bram Nuytinck (Sampdoria)
- Suarez (UD Almeria)
- Francesco Caputo (Empoli)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Al Nassr)
- Djordje Mihailovic (AZ)
- Evander (Portland Timbers)
- Martin Ojeda (Orlando City)
- Ruud Vormer (Zulte Waregem)
As mentioned, there are plenty of players still to come, but these will likely be gradually released over the course of the next week as opposed to one big database update.
- Got an SBC you're wanting to complete? Make sure you buy the right cards with this FIFA 23 cheapest players guide.
Will There Be a FIFA 23 Ratings Update?
One of the staples of past editions of Ultimate Team was the winter ratings update, which saw players who were performing well having their ratings updated. This was not only an exciting time as we received improved cards, but it also gave a big boost to the market.
However, there was no winter ratings refresh in both FIFA 21 and FIFA 22, so it is a safe bet to presume that the same will occur this year too. We could perhaps see a return of the Winter Refresh promo - which gave limited-time special cards to players at new clubs - but it is unlikely that any base-card upgrades will arrive.
So, that wraps up everything you need to know about the FIFA 23 January transfer update, with some speculation on the ratings refresh too. If you have any challenges to catch up on though, don't miss this FIFA 23 SBC solutions guide for everything that we've covered so far.