FIFA 22 1.16 Patch Notes - Huge Gameplay Balances, Pro Clubs AI, And Career Mode Youth Systems
The FIFA 22 1.16 patch notes have landed, making various changes to Ultimate Team, Career Mode, Pro Clubs, and Volta Football. With a general emphasis on improving the visual elements of life in FIFA 22 and plugging a fix for some rather hilarious bugs, here's everything you need to know about the FIFA 22 1.16 patch notes.
FIFA 22 1.16 patch notes - Ultimate Team
- Equipped pitch line colours will be shown in Away Stadiums, instead of their opponent’s.
- Transfer Market and Stadium search filters have been updated.
- Fixed a bug where the Team Management options didn't work in Division Rivals.
- Fixed a bug that blocked the FUT Champions menu.
- All SBCs UI elements will display correctly.
- Fixed All Players To Watch overlays.
- FUT Heroes Player Items will now all display correctly.
- Flair Shots progression in Objective progression has been fixed.
- An incorrect Event countdown timer has been removed.
- Fixed a visual bug where FUT Champions Play-Offs progress bar did not display losses.
- Fixed a bug where the Captain of a Co-Op lobby could not select the Edit Squad option.
FIFA 22 1.16 patch notes - Gameplay
- Driven Passes are more likely to be intercepted.
- Slow dribbling is less effective without the Contextual Agile Dribbling setting being turned On.
- Automatic player switching will occur slightly faster than before when defending crosses with assisted settings.
- Reduced shooting assistance when the opponents' goalkeeper is badly positioned.
- Improved marking during short corner scenarios.
- When nutmegging a jockeying player, they will no longer fall over.
- Reduced the frequency of CPU AI slide tackles.
- Removed some lunging animations that could occur when the controlled player was attempting to block a Ground Pass or a short Lob Pass.
- Goalkeepers can now make saves when shots aimed between their knees and head.
- Fixed issue where goalkeepers were not making successful saves on shots that were within reachable diving distance.
- Goalkeepers won't deflect a saveable low shot into their own net.
- Goalkeepers will be penalised for all fouls.
- Improved quality of right analogue stick player switching.
- The Team Press will have a delay to start decreasing.
- A fix to late challenges not being awarded fouls.
- Players being stuck in the mud after losing the ball has been fixed.
- When standing up after a slide tackle, a foul could be incorrectly called on the player standing up.
- Pass or Shot delays have been reduced when the ball is further away.
- Defenders will not slow down when chasing after an air ball.
- Fake Shot animations have been fixed.
- Goalkeepers will not teleport when making a diving save.
- Fixed an issue where in some situations, the CPU AI team would not attempt to win the ball back.
FIFA 22 1.16 patch notes - Career Mode
- Youth Players will not be generated with unrealistically proportioned arms.
- Youth Player names and numbers will appear on kits properly.
- When coming on as a sub in Player Career, the team’s tactics, play style, and difficulty level will not be reset.
- Youth Player progress will not get stuck.
- Editing a player’s boots will now not also equip gloves.
FIFA 22 1.16 patch notes - Volta Football
- The Skill Meter now displays which actions contributed towards its build-up.
- Added two new Stadiums.
- Added four Party Games to VOLTA ARCADE.
- Matchmaking in VOLTA SQUADS has been fixed.
- The Season Progress button callout will now always present in the UI.
- Simple Skill Moves will now not interrupt a trigger run.
- The Closest To The Pin and Bucket Ball party games camera angles have been corrected.
- The Season Progression post-match screen has been fixed.
FIFA 22 1.16 patch notes - Pro Clubs
- The reaction times of your team's CPU AI have been reduced when attempting to contain a player who is dribbling.
- This does not affect Practice Matches.
- The Customise tile will now display correctly.
All of the FIFA 22 1.16 patch notes are now live and will be rolled out next time you load the game.