Best Elden Ring Astrologer build: How to create a Sorcerer Supreme
If you want to be the best sorcerer, wielding all manner of deadly spells in combat, you'll want to follow our Elden Ring Astrologer build.
Elden Ring lets players engage in both melee combat and magical combat, featuring a massive variety of ways to inflict death on your enemies. If this sounds appealing to you and you want to replicate it the game for yourself, keep reading for the best Astrologer build in Elden Ring.
Not a fan of the Astrologer build? Check out our recommendations for other top class builds in Elden Ring:
- Elden Ring Bandit build
- Elden Ring Confessor build
- Elden Ring Hero build
- Elden Ring Prisoner build
- Elden Ring Prophet build
- Elden Ring Samurai build
- Elden Ring Vagabond build
- Elden Ring Warrior build
- Elden Ring Wretch build
Elden Ring Astrologer build: Starting out
Starting your Elden Ring journey as an Astrologer is a good choice for this build, but you can still specialise into this build later on by respecing your character with other magic adjacent classes if that's more to your liking.
However, choosing to start as an Astrologer build from the outset will net you some good starter gear, such as the Astrologer's Staff, two Glintstone Sorceries, a sword, and a basic shield.
- If you want to get a head start on your levelling and gain power quickly, check out our Elden Ring Rune Farm guide.
Levelling the Astrologer build in Elden Ring
In Elden Ring, levelling your Astrologer build is pretty straightforward, as you mainly need to focus on raising your Intelligence for additional damage and Mind for increased mana.
Your secondary stats to ensure you also put points into will be Vigor and Endurance, as these will be incredibly useful later in the game when you can do with some additional health.
- If you want to utilise a shield along with your staff, putting some points into Strength will give you a bit more protection. This can make some bosses and enemies a lot easier to deal with, but if you give yourself some time to level up, your Sorceries will scale well and begin to deal immense damage.
It's also worth noting that in the current Elden Ring meta, magic is the most powerful combat tool, so you'll be well-positioned for the rest of the game - and even PvP content - with the above levelling strategy.
Best equipment for Elden Ring Astrologer build
Astrologer build armour set
When it comes to your Astrologer build's equipment for magic, Elden Ring has an incredibly wide array of weapons, armours, and Talismans for players to use. For the start of the game, your base equipment should do you well, but there are some key ones to this build that you should seek out when you can.
- Firstly, one of the better armours for magic users is the Spellblade set, which can be obtained from Sorcerer Rogier After defeating Godrick the Grafted at Stormveil Castle. This set will carry you through a significant period until you get the next set of armour you'll need.
- Later into the game, you'll need to complete part of the Elden Ring Ranni quest and gain access to Renna's Rise to earn the Snow Witch set. Once obtained, this can serve you for the entire game, and the hat itself will boost your Cold Sorcery damage by 10%.
- An alternative armour set to seek out after arriving at Leyndell is Alberich's set, which can be found at Fortified Manor in the south-west of the capital.
Any of the last two armour sets shown in the list above are fantastic, and will serve you well for the rest of the game, being that they are some of the best for sorcery-based Elden Ring characters.
Another key part of the build is making use of your Flask of Wondrous Physick, which can be found at the Third Church of Marika in Limgrave. You can mix two tears into this flask to gain benefits upon consuming it. We've opted for the Magic Shrouded Cracked Tear, which boosts the power of magic attacks and can be earned by beating the Erdtree Avatar at the Liurnia of the Lakes Minor Erdtree. The other one is the Cerulean Crystal Tear which restores half of your max FP, and can also be found by beating the same Erdtree Avatar.
Astrologer build staff
For your Astrologer's staff, we've only highlighted one staff for this build: Lusat's Glintstone Staff. This can be obtained in Sellia, Town of Sorcery in Caelid. After defeating the Nox Swordstress and Nox Priest bosses, you can find a chest to the north of the combat arena with the staff inside.
- Lusat's Glinstone Staff has some of the best Sorcery scaling in the game, so upgrading it with Somber Smithing Stones and putting as many points into Intelligence as you can makes it overpowered with certain spells. As the weapon is in the heart of Caelid, though, it can be difficult to get to - so make sure you're prepared for the area first.
You'll need a number of Talismans to round out the equipment in this Elden Ring Astrologer build, and combined with the above weapon and one of the armour sets, you'll become a Sorcery powerhouse with the capability to one-hit a lot of enemies.
- One of the Cerulean Amber Medallions is a great choice because they raise the maximum FP your character has. One can be found in the Lakeside Crystal Cave after defeating the boss there, and the best version of the medallion is located in the Lunar Estate Ruins, on the Moonlight Altar.
- The Graven-School Talisman is another fantastic choice as it boosts the potency of all Sorceries. It can be located at the Raya Lucaria Academy. To get it, from the Debate Parlour, head west and go up the set of stairs on the right. Instead of proceeding down, hit the bookshelf next to it to reveal an illusory wall, leading to a room with crystals and the Talisman itself.
- Our last necessary Elden Ring Legendary Talisman, the Primal Glintstone Blade, is located well into the late game, but once you have it, you'll be unstoppable. You can earn this at the Stargazer's Ruins in the Mountaintops of the Giants by opening a chest near the middle of the dungeon.
- Finally, fill your last Talisman spots with the Stargazer Heirloom for increased Intelligence, the Radagon Icon for shortened spell casting, and the Moon of Nokstella to gain two Memory Slots.
Best Elden Ring Astrologer spells
Now you have all the necessary Astrologer equipment for taking on the bosses of the Lands Between and becoming Elden Lord, you'll still need to use the right spells. The best in the game right now is the Elden Ring Comet Azur spell, which can one-shot many enemies with the above build.
The Glintblade Phalanx is an excellent defensive choice, and Terra Magica is a spell that will boost all your magic damage. Rock Sling and Ranni's Dark Moon are two more high-damage spells that can tear apart most enemies, but you can choose whatever suits your playstyle.
- To make use of these you will need to track down Memory Stones during your game, which are often found at the top of towers. These will increase the number of spells you can learn. One is located nearby to the start of the game in the Weeping Peninsula, and there are a fair few located in Liurnia, so heading to these soon into the game will give you a well-needed boost.
That's all for our Elden Ring Astrologer build, and now you should be able to follow the above guide to recreate our powerful sorcerer and destroy the bosses and enemies in your way.
If you need a quality spirit ash to help you along your journey, check out how to get the Elden Ring Mimic Tear.