Best Genshin Impact Razor Builds
With the best Genshin Impact Razor builds, we list the weapons and artifacts you can use on Razor to attain Physical DPS and Burst DPS builds. Razor is a four-star Electro element user from Mondstadt whose weapon of choice is a Claymore. You learn about Razor during the early Archon Quest that leads you to the Wolf of the North in Wolvendom. We have many Genshin Impact Razor enthusiasts who want to build Razor and use him as the main or Sub-DPS. For such players, the best Genshin Impact Razor build guide will help a lot as you'll find a complete breakdown of Razor's abilities and Constellations, along with some of the best team compositions for Razor.
Best Genshin Impact Razor Builds: Abilities
In Genshin Impact, Razor has three abilities like any other character. These abilities are the Normal Attack called Steel Fang, the Elemental Skill called Claw and Thunder, and the main ability that we know as the Elemental Burst attack, which for Razor is called Lightning Fang.
While building any character in Genshin Impact, we focus on a character's Normal Attacks or their Elemental Burst attack. We have some exceptions like Yoimiya, who is purely built around the combination of Normal Attack and Elemental Skill. But, for Razor, we will focus on his Normal Attacks to attain a Physical DPS, Sub-DPS build, and his Elemental Skill and Burst attacks for the Burst DPS build.
- Looking for the best Genshin Impact Mona builds? Check out our guide.
Razor's Normal Attacks have three different types:
- Normal Attack: Perform up to 4 consecutive strikes.
- Charged Attack: Drains Stamina over time to perform continuous spinning attacks against all nearby opponents. At the end of the sequence, perform a more powerful slash.
- Plunge Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
Now, talking about Razor's Elemental Skill, Claw, and Thunder, it has two forms that you can trigger by pressing or holding the Elemental Skill button.
- Press: When you use the press version of Claw and Thunder, Razor swings a Thunder Wolf Claw dealing Electro DMG to opponents in front of him. Hitting opponents with the Thunder Wolf Claw grants Razor an Electro Sigil, the maximum he can hold is three, which increases his Energy Recharge rate.
- Hold: When you use the hold version of Claw and Thunder, Razor unleashes a lightning storm over a small AoE, causing massive Electro DMG. This attack clears Razor's accumulated Electro Sigils and converts them into energy particles used to refill the Elemental Burst energy.
Razor's main ability, his Elemental Burst attack, Lightning Fang, is the ability that we recommend players to build Razor around as during this attack, Razor summons a Wolf that deals Electro DMG to all nearby opponents, which again converts accumulated Electro Sigils to energy particles, though that is not the best part - the best part is that the Wolf fights alongside Razor for a set duration and this is what the Wolf does:
- The Wolf Within Strikes alongside Razor's normal attacks, dealing Electro DMG
- Raises Razor's ATK SPD and Electro RES
- Causes Razor to be immune to DMG inflicted by the Electro-Charged status.
- Disables Razor's Charged Attacks
- Increases Razor's resistance to interruption
If Razor leaves the battlefield while the Elemental Burst is active, he will get around ten energy particles in return, depending on the duration of the ability left.
Best Genshin Impact Razor Builds: Constellations
Razor has six Constellations that players can unlock by obtaining a copy of Razor from the permanent banner, Wanderlust Invocation, the weapon's banner, Epitome Invocation, or the limited-time banners. Obtaining a copy of Razor will reward you with Razor's Stella Fortuna that you can use to unlock his Constellations.
Should You Go For Razor's Constellations?
Yes, you should definitely go for Razor's Constellations as they are easy to unlock, and they make a lot of difference compared to C0 Razor. We recommend players to go for C4 Razor if they want to build Razor as a Physical DPS or a Burst DPS unit. But, if you don't care about Physical DPS, we recommend you to go all the way till C6 Razor as the final Constellation of Razor called Lupus Fulguris makes his Normal Attack to release lightning that deals 100% of his ATK as Electro DMG. But, with C6 Razor, you cannot attain a perfect Physical DPS build, nor you can benefit from the Lupus Fulguris Constellation.
- Looking for what's new coming with Genshin Impact 2.7 "Hidden Dreams in the Depths" update? Check out our guide.
With that said, here are Razor's all six Constellations. Have a look, and you will know why we recommend you to go for C4 Razor or C6 Razor.
- C1 Wolf's Instinct - Picking up an Elemental Orb or Particle increases Razor's DMG by 10% for 8s.
- C2 Suppression - Increases CRIT Rate against opponents with less than 30% HP by 10%.
- C3 Soul Companion - Increases the Level of Lightning Fang by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
- C4 Bite - When casting Claw and Thunder (Press), opponents' hit will have their DEF decreased by 15% for 7s.
- C5 Sharpened Claws - Increases the Level of Claw and Thunder by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
- C6 Lupus Fulguris - Every 10s, Razor's sword charges up, causing the next Normal Attack to release lightning that deals 100% of Razor's ATK as Electro DMG. When Razor is not using Lightning Fang, a lightning strike on an opponent will grant Razor an Electro Sigil for Claw and Thunder.
Best Genshin Impact Razor Builds: Physical DPS And Burst DPS
Razor is one of the best four-star characters who can help you clear Genshin Impact's early game content without much investment. Because of this, players can quickly level up their Adventure Rank to finally farm Dungeons that reward good artifacts - instead of going for the lesser variants.
Secondly, if you use the correct weapons and artifacts, you can build Razor as the perfect Physical or Burst DPS character who can even help you clear the upper floors of the Spiral Abyss. To help you out, we have listed the best weapons and artifacts for Razor that will help you attain the mentioned builds.
- Looking for the best Genshin Impact Xiao builds? Check out our guide.
Best Weapons For Razor
The best weapon for Razor depends on the role for which you are building him. If you are aiming for the Physical DPS build, the best weapon for Razor is the Song of Broken Pines. Its secondary stat bonus increases Physical DMG% by 20.7%. And its weapon skill, called Rebel's Banner Hymn, raises Razor's ATK and ATK Speed by a lot.
If you don't have the said weapon, you can also go for the five-star Claymore, Wolf's Gravestone. Its secondary stat bonus raises Razor's ATK% by 49.6%, and the weapon skill Wolfish Tracker increases ATK by 40% and even more depending on weapon refinement level and the HP of the opponent when hit.
Since both the mentioned weapons are five-star, there's a high chance that you won't have them in your inventory. So, the best alternative we can recommend is the Snow-Tombed Starsilver. The weapon works like a charm with characters like Eula and Razor. Its secondary stat raises Physical DMG% by 34.5%. And its weapon skill, Frost Burial, drops an Everfrost Icicle on opponents dealing 80% AoE ATK DMG. You can further increase the DMG by refining the Snow-Tombed Starsilver.
How to Get the Snow-Tombed Starsilver
You can get the Snow-Tombed Starsilver by solving the Ancient Carving puzzle in the Dragonspine Mountains of the Mondstadt region.
Best Artifacts For Razor
The best artifact for Razor for attaining Physical DPS build is the Pale Flame artifact set. It raises the Physical DMG, and it also increases the ATK of the wielder when you use the Elemental Skill ability. Here is what the two pieces and four pieces of Pale Flame artifact do:
- 2-Piece: Physical DMG +25%
- 4-Piece: When an Elemental skill hits an opponent, ATK is increased by 9% for 7s. This effect stacks up to 2 times and can be triggered once every 0.3s. Once 2 stacks are reached, the 2-set effect is doubled.
To attain Razor's Burst DPS build - the best artifact set for Razor is Echoes of an Offering. Here is what it does:
- 2-Piece: ATK +18%
- 4-Piece: When Normal Attacks hit opponents, there is a 36% chance that it will trigger Valley Rite, which will increase Normal Attack DMG by 70% of ATK. This effect will be dispelled 0.05s after a Normal Attack deals DMG. If a Normal Attack fails to trigger Valley Rite, the odds of it triggering the next time will increase by 20%. This trigger can occur once every 0.2s
If you are finding it hard to farm the above-mentioned artifact sets, you can go for two pieces of Thundering Fury and two pieces of the Noblesse Oblige set to get Electro DMG and Elemental Burst DMG bonuses.
Best Team Compositions For Razor
Here are some of the best Team Compositions for Razor that you can try out:
Team Composition 1
Team Composition 2
- Raiden Shogun
Team Composition 3
- Raiden Shogun
Team Composition 4
That should be all you need to know to build the best Genshin Impact Razor builds - if you're fancying a different character, why not check out our guide on the best Genshin Impact Venti builds?