How to get the safety override code in System Shock
The safety override code in System Shock is needed to stop the mining laser on the station from impacting Earth.
The code is located within the Library on the Research floor in System Shock and will require several steps to get and use on the computer system.
To find out where to get the safety override code in System Shock and how to use it, read on.
Where can you find the Safety override code in System Shock?
The safety override code is locked behind a Cybersecurity terminal in the Research Library. To get there you need to first restore the power to the Beta Quadrant by pulling the power lever in Alpha (first door on the right).
Once you've done this and traveled to Beta through the Central Hub, retrieve the Science Access Keycard from Admin Security and use it to enter the Library.
Now, enter the Cybersecurity console here and fight your way past the computer until you get to a central chamber containing the green light source. Destroy this to obtain the laser override.
Now, exit out of Cyberspace by following the green light trails and green glowing hexagon.
Before leaving the library, check on the monitor to the side of the Cyberspace terminal and this will display a three-digit code, this is the safety override code and will be needed later.
- You'll need a good stock of credits to help you through your playthrough. Check out our guide on how to recycle junk in System Shock for credits.
Where to use the safety override code in System Shock
Travel to the Reactor floor via the elevator in the Gamma Quadrant, then follow these steps to use the safety override code:
- From the elevator turn right and continue until you come across the locked medical door to the left.
- Unlock the door with the Medical Access Keycard (from the previous level).
- Turn right and enter the Cybersecurity door/terminal to unlock the Northern Blast Door and Reactor Armory.
- Go back to the medical room, from here turn right, then left and continue left until you see an energy replenisher.
- From here, continue straight ahead, past the Experimental door, turn left and then continue.
- Turn left to go through the door with the yellow reactor sign above it.
- Continue to the door at the end and destroy SHODAN's robots in the process.
- From this room, turn right, and you'll see a safety override sign by a lift.
- Take the lift down, continue, and turn right where you'll see safety override another sign.
- Take the lift up and you'll be standing in front of the terminal you need.
- Enter the three-digit code retrieved from the Library Cyberspace terminal.
- Now you have the safety override code, you'll need to follow a few more steps to complete the level, read our guide on how to turn off the mining laser's failsafe in System Shock for more information.