How to tame a Grasshopper in Smalland: Survive the Wilds
Smalland: Survive the Wilds lets you take on the role of a miniature humanoid let loose in the wilds where you must craft to survive in the game. Being such a small character, the use of mounts in Smalland: Survive the Wilds like a Grasshopper can be extremely useful for larger-scale traversal across the map.
If you need to know how to tame a grasshopper in Smalland: Survive the Wilds, read here.
- For more Smalland: Survive the Wilds tips, check out our guide on how to get Flint in Smalland: Survive the Wilds.
How to get a Grasshopper mount in Smalland: Survive the Wilds
There are several spawn points for Grasshoppers near the starting area, near the NPC Herne or the Great Tree, at the approximate centre of the map.
To tame a grasshopper in Smalland: Survive the Wilds you will need to first unlock and make a Cauldron via a Stonecutter.
At a cauldron you must then make a Grasshopper Treat with the following ingredients:
- Petal (get these by chopping down various flowering plants, like Mauve Plants)
- Seed Oil x2 (you can make this at a Stonecutter, by converting seeds like Rye Seeds)
- Insect Eggs x3 (these are dropped upon defeating insects like Ladybugs and Butterflies).
Once you have the treat in your inventory, you must then hunt down a Grasshopper and get it to below 50% health. Once this is done, you will receive the prompt to give it the treat.
Succeed the prompt and you will have tamed the Grasshopper. If you then close the game, next time you boot it up the tamed Grasshopper will be at the base. Grasshoppers are great mounts for jumping long distances.
- For more Smalland: Survive the Wilds tips, check out our guide on where to find Chitin in Smalland Survive the Wilds.
All Smalland: Survive the Wilds mounts
As of writing, you can only have one mount at a time in Smalland: Survive the Wilds, and each mount has special perks. These are as follows:
- Ladybug: can store extra items.
- Grasshopper: can jump long distances.
- Wolf Spider: these mounts can attack other creatures while mounted.
- Damselfly: These mounts use stamina but can fly.
- Gecko: These mounts can climb surfaces.
As Smalland: Survive the Wilds is still in early access, more mounts may be added to the game over time.
- If you love Smalland: Survive the Wilds and other crafting survival games, check out our Sons of the Forest guides here.