League Of Legends Patch 13.4 Full Patch Notes And Release Date
League of Legends patch 13.4 is coming very soon, with a long list of changes and updates. League of Legends has not had an easy go of it in 2023, following a cyber attack on developer Riot Games that caused a lot of issues and many delays.
Patch 13.4 looks to get things back on track, with a bunch of changes and some long-awaited new features. Here is everything in the patch notes for League of Legends patch 13.4.
- Get caught up with our League of Legends Patch 13.3 patch notes.
League Of Legends Patch 13.4: Release Date
Touch wood, because League of Legends patch 13.4 is set to go live on Thursday, 23 February. Hopefully, nothing goes wrong this time, and we get the patch as expected.
The time at which updates go live differs per region. You can expect the new patch at 3AM PT in North America, 5AM GMT in West Europe and the UK, and 3AM in Central Europe.
For those of you who enjoy some late night/early morning League, be aware that the servers will be shutdown three hours before the patch goes live, and will likely be offline for a short while afterwards.
The game will be back a few hours after the patch goes live, you can check in with the League of Legends social media accounts to find out when the game is back up.
League Of Legends Patch 13.4: Full Patch Notes
This patch will see changes come to all of the support gold income items, clear speed time slowed down, Maokai gets his power trimmed, Thresh is getting hooked on a new skill level order, and Veigar gets some range increases on his abilities.
Also, /muteself and /deafen functions are being added and party chat is coming to the game. The amount of LP awarded and taken away for wins and losses in ranked play are both getting increased, increasing both the risk and the reward.
- Base health increased from 570 to 590.
- Base armor increased from 18 to 21.
- R cooldown reduced from 140-90 to 130-80.
- Passive heal increased from 6 percent to 7.
- Q ability power ratio increased from 70 percent to 80.
- W ability power ratio increased from 90 percent to 100.
- Health growth reduced from 100 to 94.
- Armor growth reduced from 4.2 to four.
- W damage reduced from 6-14 (plus 1-2 percent max health) to 6-14 (plus 1-1.6 percent max health).
- Health growth reduced from 96 to 92.
- Armor growth reduced from 5.2 to 4.9.
- Base Health reduced from 594 to 560
- E ability retaliation damage reduced from 30-90 to 25-65
- R summon Tibbers cooldown increased from 120-80 to 130-100
- Passive attack speed increased from 7.5-45 percent to 9-54 percent.
- Aurelion Sol
- New effect added to Q: Canceling this ability within 0.25 seconds of casting it will lock the ability for 1 seconds.
- Mana changed from 480-837 to 380-992.
- W recharge increased from 10-6 to 9-6.
- E damage increased from 60-180 plus 0.4 to 60-220 plus 0.55.
- R damage increased from 175-475 plus 0.6 to 200-600 plus 0.75.
- Q mana cost reduced from 60 to 50, damage increased from 80-300 to 80-320.
- Armor growth increased from 4.7 to five.
- W mana cost reduced from 70-110 to 70-90.
- Q base damage reduced from 70-210 to 60-180.
- R Spiderling base damage changed from 10-25 to 8-26.
- Q no longer reveals caster if enemies were in target radius on cast.
- Jarvan IV
- W cooldown increased from eight seconds to nine, flat shield base attack damage scaling reduced from 80 percent to 70.
- Health increased from 685 plus 99 to 665 plus 100.
- E minimum damage ability power scaling reduced from 100 percent to 70, max total damage increased from 110-350 (plus 100 percent ability power plus four percent of target’s health) to 110-350 (plus 140 percent ability power plus eight percent of target’s total health).
- R passive base damage reduced from 80-160 to 60-160, active base armor reduced from 25-65 to 15-65 (active base magic resist always 60 percent of armor).
- W cooldown reduced from 12-10 to 10-8, attack armor ratio increased from 10 percent to 15, cone armor ratio increased from 15 percent to 20.
- Q damage increased from 70-270 (plus 2-3 percent max health) to 70-270 (plus 2-4 percent max health).
- E cooldown increased from 10 to 14, damage reduced from 55-155 to 50-150, ability power ratio on E reduced from 0.35 (plus four percent slow per 100 ability power) to 0.25 (plus one percent slow per 100 ability power), health ratio increased 0.9 percent slow per 100 health to one percent slow per 100 health.
- Base armor increased from 17 to 20.
- W mana costs reduced from 70-90 to 60-80.
- Passive damage changed from 30-60 percent total attack damage (at levels 1-18) to 30-60 percent total attack damage (now linear 1-18, plus 1.75 percent per level).
- Passive now deals damage to towers (50 percent effectiveness).
- Passive stacks now show under HP bar (Riven only).
- Passive haste per stack changed from 3.5 percent flat to 1/2/3/4 percent at levels one, six, 11, and 16 respectively. Max haste changed from 21 percent flat to six, 12, 18, and 24 percent.
- R lifesteal effectiveness reduced from 66.6 percent to 50.
- Attack speed ratio increased from 0.3 to 0.4.
- R base damage increased from 250-500 (plus 100 percent base attack damage, plus 70 percent ability power) to 250-550 (plus 115 percent base attack damage, plus 70 percent ability power), cooldown reduced from 160-120 seconds to 140-100.
- Q damage increased from 100-280 (plus 80 percent ability power) to 100-30 (plus 90 percent ability power), cooldown reduced from 19-11 seconds to 19-9 seconds.
- W base shield reduced from 50-150 to 50-130, cooldown changed from 22-16 seconds to 21-17 seconds.
- E damage increased from 75-215 (plus 60 percent ability power) to 75-235 (plus 70 percent ability power).
- Health growth reduced from 98 to 92.
- Base armor reduced from 34 to 31.
- Q on-hit ratio reduced from 30 percent base attack damage to 25 percent.
- R slow reduced from 25-40 percent to 20-35 percent.
- Q missile range increased from 950 to 1,050, cast indicator increased from 900 to 1,000.
- W cast range increased from 900 to 950.
- Passive damage can now crit.
- R ratio increased from 3 percent missing health per 100 bonus attack damage to 5 percent missing health per 100 bonus attack damage.
- Bandleglass Mirror
- Item tier changed to Mythic from Epic.
- Demonic Embrace
- New effect: Azakana Gaze’s damage is now capped at 40 damage per second against monsters.
- Doran’s Shield
- Base regeneration reduced from four health per five seconds to four health per five seconds.
- Relic Shield
- Health regeneration increased from 25 percent to 50.
- Mana regeneration reduced from 75 percent to 50.
- Tribute recharge timer increased from 10 to 12 seconds.
- Harrowing Crescent
- Tribute recharge timer increased to 12 seconds from 10.
- Runesteel Spaulders
- Health regeneration increased from 50 to 75 percent.
- Shard of True Ice
- Mana regen reduced from 115 to 100 percent.
- Slightly Magical Boots
- Sellback value reduced from 210 gold to 90.
- Spellthief’s Edge
- Mana regeneration reduced from 50 percent to 25.
- Tribute recharge timer increased from 10 seconds to 12 seconds.
- Spectral Sickle
- Tribute recharge timer increased from 10 to 12 seconds.
- Steel Shoulderguards
- Health regeneration increased from 25 percent to 50.
- Targon’s Buckler
- Health regeneration increased from 50 to 75 percent.
- Treasure Hunter
- Base gold reduced from 70 plus 20 to 50 plus 20.
- Total gold reduced from 550 to 450.
- Jungle sustain/clear speed
- Base kill heal increased from 25 to 30.
- Base Gromp health reduced from 2,200 to 2,050.
- Rift Herald no longer has a soft reset state.
- Companion ability power ratio reduced from 15 percent to 12.
- Several fixes to missing buff icons.
- New character preloaded: “FireBuddyTeaserMinion.”
- “Global Wall Push” (used by player-created terrain) now has a tooltip: “Knocked Aside: This unit is being knocked aside. Weeee!”
- Experience for champion kills has been reduced at levels 3-8.
- ARAM minor adjustments made to Aurelion Sol, Mark/Dash, and an overall reduction of death timers.
Party Chat And New Chat Functions
In patch 13.4, Riot is adding a new Party Chat channel to the chat box. This third channel, alongside Team Chat and All Chat, will allow you to send messages that only your party members can see. This will allow you to quickly and easily communicate with friends without involving the entire team.
The new chat functions coming includ /muteself and /deafen. The /muteself will prevent you from using sending messages over in-game chat, and other players will be able to see that you have muted yourself. Similarly, /deafen will prevent you from sending or receiving chat messages, essentially taking you out of in-game chat altogether. Again, other players will see that you have chosen to /deafen yourself.
All LP gains and losses will be increased, meaning wins will grant more and losses will take more points away. Also, duo players will be matched with higher-skilled players to combat the advantage of players teaming up over solo players. This will be done by slightly increasing the skill rating of duo groups.
The refund token system allows players to refund purchased skins within 90 days regardless of if they have been used or not. Previously, Riot announced plans to depreciate those refund tokens and remove this system as it was.
However, recent changes have led to the system staying in place, so fans can continue to use their tokens, including the three tokens granted at the beginning of this season. The next token refresh will happen at the beginning of Season 14 next year.
League Of Legends Patch 13.4: Bug Fixes
Here are all of the listed bug fixes and quality of life changes coming to the game in patch 13.4.
- Rune recommendations have been added to the standard rune page editor.
- The rune recommender will now remember which role you selected until you switch champions.
- Rune page selection defaults to the temporary slot if a recommended page was used in the prior game instead of your first permanent rune page. If no rune page has been selected, a recommended page will be randomly selected 6 seconds before the end of champion select.
- Improved audio of the rune recommender and champion select.
- Reworked pick order and champion swapping UI for greater clarity. Pick order swapping has a new interaction, while champion swapping has been reverted to what it was before pick order swapping was introduced.
- Fixed a bug that caused All Chat to show up as [[All]] instead of [All].
- Fixed a bug that caused Kayle to permanently lose attack speed from certain AP sources after hitting level 16.
- Fixed a bug where Turret Bounty gold was not being given in situations where a minion destroyed a tower with no champions nearby.
- Fixed a bug that caused the end-of-game screen to not display total wards placed.
- Fixed a bug that caused Varus’ W - Blighted Quiver to not display stack VFX on enemies that temporarily disappeared from vision.
- Fixed a bug that caused summoner spell recommendations to occasionally be incorrect.
- Fixed a bug that caused the number of Control Wards in your inventory to not be displayed correctly.
- Fixed a bug that caused Poppy’s R - Keeper’s Verdict to have a shorter knock up duration than intended #JusticeforHammers
- Fixed a bug that caused K’Sante the travel the full charge distance for his W - Path Maker if he channeled a recall during the ability.
- Fixed a bug that caused Rell’s E - Attract and Repel to sometimes give multiple stacks of armor to allies.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Kai’Sa’s next basic attack to not consume plasma stacks after using her E - Supercharge.
- Fixed a bug that caused Orianna’s R - Command: Shockwave to move enemies further away from the ball if her ultimate was cast on the enemy’s exact location.
- Fixed a bug that caused Tahm Kench’s R - Devour to break ally Dr. Mundo and Malzahar passive spell shields.
- Fixed a bug that caused jungle camps to share XP if an ally is 0 units away from the monster when slain.
- Fixed a bug that caused shop purchase sound effects to not play in specific situations, especially when spam clicking.
- Fixed a bug that caused Mythic item VFX to play even when a mythic item was not being purchased.
- Fixed a bug that caused Zoe’s E - Trouble Bubble tooltip to not display the magic resist reduction amount.
- Fixed a bug that caused Jarvan’s W - Golden Aegis tooltip calculation to not account for its new AD ratio.
- Fixed a bug that caused Kassadin’s E - Force Pulse sound effect to not play when it was ready to be cast.
- Fixed a bug that caused Qiyana’s passive cooldown to not apply to her target when casting Q > W > Q rapidly.
- Fixed a bug that caused Rammus’ W - Defensive Ball Curl tooltip to not display the correct amount of flat armor received.
- Fixed a bug that caused Aurelion Sol’s R - The Skies Descend shockwave to be delayed or canceled if using Zhonya’s while casting.
- Fixed a bug that caused Ivern’s base skin to not play multiple voice lines.
- Fixed a bug that caused the red ring indicator for Nami’s Q - Aqua Prison to be difficult to see for enemies.
- Fixed a bug that caused K’Sante to be able to use his W - Path Make while in Stasis due to Zhonya’s or Stopwatch.
- Fixed a bug that caused Bel’Veth’s E - Maelstrom sound effect to repeatedly only play the initial sound effect throughout the duration.
- Fixed a bug that caused some Ezreal skins to not display the critical strike on-hit visual effects.
- Fixed a bug that caused swapping one item in your inventory with another item that had a cooldown would reflect the items cooldown over the moved item.
- Fixed a bug that caused Jak’Sho’s in-game descriptions to display the value of damage from it’s passive instead of its scaling.
- Added color formatting to the magic damage number in Jak’Sho the Protean’s item description.
- Fixed a bug that caused Seraph’s Embrace’s Lifeshield to not play sound effects when proc’d.
- Fixed a bug that caused Eclipse/Syzgy visual effects for the item’s passive to play, even if the item had already been sold.
- Fixed a bug that caused Fizz’s Q - Urchin Strike to not apply any spell effects unless W had already been learned.
- Fixed a bug that caused Tibbers to sometimes not attack the target closest to its cast location.
- Fixed a bug that caused Lee Sin’s W - Safeguard to not grant allies shields after he cast his 2nd Q into Baron’s hitbox.
- Fixed a bug that caused Pyke’s “Your Cut” to display a sell price despite not being sellable.
- Fixed a bug that caused Teemo’s Mushrooms to visually multiply if her threw a shroom while standing on top of another shroom.
- Fixed a bug that caused Aether Wisp’s movement speed effect to remain a few seconds after the item had been sold.
- Fixed a bug that caused Radiant Virtue’s percent heal number in the item tooltip to be inaccurate.
- Fixed a bug that caused champions to be able to escape Mordekaiser’s R - Death Realm under certain conditions.
- Fixed a bug that caused Malzahar’s E - Malefic Visions to not proc Manaflow Band if it spreads multiple times.
- Fixed a bug that caused Gangplank’s R - Cannon Barrage upgrades to not display tooltips when hovered over.
- Fixed a bug that caused Xerath’s emote sound effects to keep playing if he has interrupted the animation part way through.
- Fixed a bug that caused Ezreal’s capes on a few skins to not act like capes.
- Fixed a bug that caused Ornn’s passive to make a lower-grade item disappear if it was in the slot right in front of Ornn’s mythic item.
- Fixed a bug that caused AoE abilities like Gragas Q or Lux E to reveal the caster from
- Fog of War, even if the ability did not deal damage.
- Fixed a bug that caused Bel’Veth’s E and R animations to stutter if she queued her E while casting R.
- Added a sound effect which will now play when Seraph’s Embrace’s Lifeshield is proc’d.
Aurelion Sol Bugfixes and QoL Updates
- Fixed a bug that caused Astral Flight takeoff to stop The Skies Descend's shockwave from happening.
- Canceling Breath of Light + Astral Flight with a move command now properly sets Breath of Light cooldown to 0.
- Only Aurelion Sol's Breath of Light (Astral Flight) has 0 cooldown during flight (sorry
- Aurelion Sol's execution health bar indicator should now show on champion clones.
- Singularity's damage over time will now be properly removed regardless of which dimension (Mordekaiser's Death Realm) the target is in.
- Casting Astral Flight into an outer wall when right next to it will no longer permanently prevent the ability from being cast.
- Aurelion Sol's Breath of Light will no longer get stuck in states where it is being cast while the button is no longer being held down when using Quick Cast.
- When casting Astral Flight with a large amount of Stardust towards the edge of the map, Aurelion Sol's flight path will no longer be at an incorrect angle.
- Breath of Light is no longer able to be spam tapped.
- Canceling Breath of Light within 0.25 seconds of casting the ability now locks the ability for 1 second.
- Updated Breath of Light below the line text to reflect Breath of Light lockout on cancellation.
- Casting Singularity, Falling Star, or The Skies Descend outside of cast range during Astral Flight now will instead cast them at max range.
- Casting Singularity, Falling Star, or The Skies Descend within 200 units of cast range when not in Astral Flight will cast the ability at max range rather than making Aurelion Sol move to a closer location.
- When Aurelion Sol is able to cast The Skies Descend there is a global chat message sent to both teams.
- SFX updates for champ select, and the storm dragon and ashen lord skins.
- Fixed a bug that caused Mecha Aurelion Sol’s Pink Chroma to use base ultimate impact visual effects.
- Fixed a bug that caused Aurelion Sol’s E -Singularity to repeat damage in the area, even after the ability had faded away.
- Fixed a bug that caused Aurelion Sol’s Q - Breath of Light to continue channeling even after the button had been released.
- Fixed a bug that caused mecha Aurelion Sol’s sound effects to play too loudly.
- Fixed a bug that caused Aurelion Sol’s ability descriptions to not show up in death recap.
Skin Specific Fixes
- PROJECT: Senna: Her gun no longer disappears during R- Dawning Shadow cast
- Prestige Porcelain Lissandra: Visibility of the fog around her body is no longer affected by the camera zoom
- Battlecast Alpha Skarner: Restored red glow on chainsaw teeth after hitting an enemy with Q - Crystal Slash
- Academy Ahri Ahriversary Chroma: Fixed missing eyes texture
- Kha'Zix (Classic, Mecha, Death Blossom Skins): Champion's model no longer disappears while evolving R - Void Assault
- Star Guardian Janna: Restored VFX overlay on enemy hit with W - Zephyr
- Infernal Nasus: Restored VFX overlay appearing for the moment while casting R - Furyof the Sands
- Crime City Twitch: Restored basic attack & Spray and Pray projectiles' visibility
- Battle Wolf Sylas: several particle types (e.g Sheen, Teemo's Poison) are once again properly aligned with his body parts
- Bewitching Poppy: restored proper animation speeds for Fast Run and Homeguard
- Mythmaker Galio: R - Heroes Entrance VFX Decal's visibility in the river has been improved
That is it for the League of Legends patch 13.4 notes. For more on the world of League, check out our League of Legends MMO guide.