God Of War Ragnarok Crucible Challenges And Rewards Explained
Just like in the last game, God of War Ragnarok features some pretty brutal Crucible challenges for you to complete. While they were called the Muspelheim challenges in the last God of War game, the Crucible challenges operate in a very similar manner. However, there is a small twist that means you'll need to think a little harder to unlock all of the rewards that are on offer. Here's everything you need to know about the God of War Ragnarok Crucible challenges.
God Of War Ragnarok Crucible Challenges
Firstly, upon arrival in Muspehleim, you'll find yourself presented with a single large arena that branches off into three smaller ones around the edge. At first, you'll only be able to access the three outer arenas, each of which hosts two trials. Once you complete all six of these trials, you'll then unlock a couple more. Here are all of the Crucible challenges you can participate in:
Left Arena (Group F)
- Weapon Mastery - Defeat all enemies within the time limit.
- Flawless - Avoid taking damage.
- Rampage - Defeat at least 20 enemies within the time limit.
Centre Arena (Group N)
- Ring Out Challenge - Opponents rapidly regenerate from any damage.
- Feed The RIft - Throw orbs into the realm tear to close it before time runs out.
- Health Steal - Take constant damage, but recover health by dealing damage.
Right Arena (Group R)
- Population Control - Kill all the elite while keeping the population under the limit.
- King Of The Hill - Keep enemies out of the rings until the time expires.
- Kill Fuse - Rapidly kill enemies to increase the timer.
God of War Ragnarok Crucible Final Challenges
Once you've completed all of these challenges, you'll then be tasked with completing a further six 'final' challenges. However, these may only be unlocked once you complete two challenges from the smaller arenas in a certain order.
Notice how the swords in these orbiting arenas have letters on them? If you look in the main arena, you'll find markings on the ground that indicate the order in which you should complete challenges to unlock more difficult ones.
It's important to note that you don't need to complete a particular challenge from each arena to unlock a final challenge. As long as it hails from the right group, you can pick any of the three available. We recommend choosing one that's easiest for you so that you can unlock the final challenges more quickly.
Here are all of the final Crucible challenges in God of War Ragnarok and how you can unlock them:
- Endurance (F, N) - Defeat 99 enemies.
- Shield Breaker (F, R) - Kill weaker to break the elite enemy's shields.
- Ring Of Fire (N, F) - Defeat 15 enemies while remaining inside the ring.
- Onslaught (N, R) - Stay alive in the ring of fire for five minutes.
- Phantom (R, F) - Defeat the Flame Phantom boss.
- Boss Rush (R, N) - Defeat a series of increasingly challenging boss enemies.
Once you've completed all of these challenges, you'll unlock the ability to challenge Gna, the new Valkyrie Queen. Find out how to beat her with our handy Gna guide.
For more God of War Ragnarok guides, keep reading GGRecon.