Crash Team Rumble release date, platforms, gameplay details & more
Crash Bandicoot is perhaps one of the most iconic gaming characters in history. The platforming hero has had multiple entries that have spanned multiple genres, including racing, puzzle, and party games. The latter was proven to be extremely popular with the 2000 release of Crash Bash, and another stab at the genre may be coming back.
Last year saw the announcement of Crash Team Rumble, a new party game based on the iconic franchise. The multiplayer-focused title is set to launch this year and information surrounding it seems to be shrouded in mystery. With very little news in sight, we luckily have quite a few facts to share about the game.
If you want to know everything you need to know about Crash Team Rumble, let’s take a deep dive into the game.
- For more upcoming games, check out everything you need to know about Redfall.
What is Crash Team Rumble?
Crash Team Rumble pits two teams of four against each other, playing as iconic heroes and villains in the series. The main goal is to capture more Wumpa fruit than the other team, which sounds easy in theory but is more complex in practice.
Using the series’ platforming skills, each map will utilize a variety of moves to grab as many Wumpa fruits as you can and take them back to your bank. There are also Gem Clusters scattered around the map, which when captured, will raise the percentage, along with Relics, which can be deposited in Relic Stations to give your team boosts.
All the characters are broken down into three different classes: Scorer, Blocker, and Booster. In order to emerge victorious, you’ll need to work together to make sure you secure the win. Each one also has a special ability power that can be used once the bar has been filled.
Here is a breakdown of each class in Crash Team Rumble:
- Scorer: Used to secure Wumpa fruit and help raise the team’s score.
- Blocker: Used to block enemies from your bank. Your brawling skills can prevent enemies from scoring and secure more points for your own team.
- Booster: Used to mainly capture Gems, which are used to increase the team’s scored Wumpa.
When does Crash Team Rumble release?
Crash Team Rumble is set to launch on June 20 and will launch on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S.
Pre-orders for the game are available as of today, with a retail asking price of $29.99 for the Standard Edition or $39.99 for the Deluxe Edition. Pre-orders will also get access to the closed beta, which is set to take place on April 20-24.
What is included in the Standard and Deluxe Edition of Crash Team Rumble?
Each edition of Crash Team Rumble comes with unique bonuses that you gift your various enhancements in the game. Not only that but it also grants players access to the closed beta on April 20-24.
- Seasonal Events and Limited Time Modes
- Pre-Order for Access to Beta
- Premium Battle Pass Unlock for Season 1
- Premium Battle Pass Unlock for Seasons 1 + 2
- Digital Proto Pack. Includes:
- 8 'Blocky' hero skins
- Pixelated' Shadow
- 'Get On My Level' In-Game Victory Music o 'Blocky' Hat
- 'Blocky' Backpack
- 'Blocky' Score FX
- Unique Banner
- 25 Tier Instant Unlock for Season 1 Premium Battle Pass
What is the Crash Team Rumble closed beta?
The closed beta for Crash Team Rumble will take place on April 20 and run until April 24, available for all players who pre-order a copy of the game.
Three maps will be available with a choice of five heroes to play as, which includes Crash Bandicoot, Coco, Tawna, Neo Cortex, and Dingodile. Players will get the ability to test out the game and all classes available and check out the general gameplay of Crash Team Rumble.
- We also have all the gameplay and release details for Endless Dungeon.