A guide on Perks within the Zombie mode in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and their upgrade values.
The day has finally arrived, and the world has fully embraced the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombie apocalypse. After all, it's been eight whole years since we've had Zombie content, so it was bound to be the most exciting arrival of the game.
However, if you're planning on securing your golden spot on the Zombies Leaderboard, you're probably going to want to make sure you level up your perks using Aetherium Crystals. Each perk, (and there's six altogether) can become permanently upgraded as you play through the mode - making it easier to obtain that elite status.
So what are all the Zombie Field Upgrades, and what are the three levels?
SKILLS: Field Upgrades
Create a frigid blast of wind that deals frost damage and slows enemies caught inside of it. Slowed enemies take additional damage.
- I - Blast lasts 3 seconds longer continuing to slow enemies.
- II - Increase maximum charges to 2.
- III - Double the size and damage of the blast.
Phase into the Dark Aether for 5 seconds becoming hidden from enemy detection.
- I - Activation instantly reloads ammo for your weapon.
- II - Increase shroud duration to 8 seconds.
- III - Activation instantly warps you forward a small distance.
Energy Mine Tier I
Create a mine of pure energy that detonates on proximity of enemies, dealing explosive damage.
- I - Increase maximum charges to 2.
- II - Double the size of the blast
- III - Mine detonates 2 times in rapid succession.
Summon beams of energy down on yourself and allies to instantly heal full heath.
- I - You and allies gain a regenerative healing effect that lasts 10 seconds.
- II - Beam knocks down normal enemies and stuns Special and Elite enemies.
- III - Beam revives downed allies.
Ring Of Fire
Create a ring of ethereal fire that boosts damage for you and allies. Normal enemies who enter gain a burning effect that deals fire damage. Lasts 15 seconds.
- I - Double burn effect damage.
- II - Ring blocks enemy projectiles.
- III - While in the ring ammo is taken from your stock instead of the magazine.
Every bullet has a small chance to apply to a random base Ammo Mod effect.
- I - Equipment damage also has a small chance to apply a random base Ammo Mod effect.
- II - Reduce Ammo Mod cooldowns by 20%
- III - When random Ammo Mod is applied, it uses the Ammo Mod’s current Skill Tier instead of the base.
Increase maximum health by 50.
- I - Reduce Status Effect Durations by 50%
- II - Armor Plates replenish 25% additional armour.
- III - Increase maximum health by 100.
Increase reload speed by 15%
- I - Swap weapons faster
- II - Field Upgrades recharge 20% faster
- III - Increase reload speed by 30%
Increase run and sprint speed
- I - Increase backpedal speed.
- II - Immunity to fall damage.
- III - Walk faster while aiming down sights.
Reduce the time it takes to regen to full health by 50%. Reduce the time it takes to revive an ally by 50%
- I - Downed crawl speed is increased by 100%.
- II - Reduce the delay before health starts regenerating by 50%
- III - Reviving an ally will also heal you to full health.
Aiming down sight moves to enemy critical location. Remove scope sway.
- I - Deal 100% extra critical damage if an enemy is at full health.
- II - Increase damage against armour pieces by 50%.
- III - Reduce hip-fire spread.
Bullets deal fire damage. Each bullet has a chance to apply a burn effect on normal enemies dealing 10% of their maximum health in fire damage over 5 seconds (3-second cooldown).
- I - Initial burn effect deals 5% of enemy maximum health in fire damage.
- II - Increase burn duration to 10 seconds.
- III - Double burn effect damage.
Bullets deal electric damage. Each bullet has a chance to stun normal enemies for 2 seconds (15-second cooldown).
- I - Stunned enemies generate an electric field dealing electric damage to self and nearby enemies.
- II - Increase stun duration to 4 seconds.
- III - Double the electric field damage
Bullets deal frost damage. Each bullet has a chance to slow normal enemies by 30% at their run speed for 3 seconds (3-second cooldown).
- I - Slowed enemies take 25% more damage.
- II - Slowed enemy duration increased to 5 seconds.
- III - Slowed enemy speed decreased to 50%
Bullets deal toxic damage. Each bullet has a chance to turn a normal enemy into an ally for 15 seconds before dying (40-second cooldown).
- I - Turned enemy explodes on death dealing toxic damage.
- II - Increase turned duration to 20 seconds.
- III - Turned enemy damage is doubled.
So what are you waiting for? Time to start the grind to become the number one on the Zombies leaderboard.
Images Via Activision