Pokemon Scarlet And Violet Version Exclusives Leaked Early
It's time to put your money where your mouth is and decide your second most important decision of the week. Which version of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet should I be buying?
The most important is obviously whether you should pick Fuecoco, Quaxly, or Sprigatito. After that, the agonising choice of whether you want to buy Pokemon Scarlet or Pokemon Violet might keep you up at night.
Version-exclusive Pokemon have been a thing since all the way back in Red, Blue, and Green, but since then, they've become a big selling point for each individual release.
What Are The Pokemon Scarlet And Violet Exclusives?
Noted leak account CentroLeaks has officially bit the dust after Nintendo lawyers finally caught up with it, but before it went under, someone had apparently scooped all the version exclusives before it
The Scarlet exclusives are as follows:
- Tauros (Fire-type)
- Paradox Donphan with Great Tusk
- Paradox Amoongus with Brute Bonnet
- Paradox Magneton with Sandy Shocks
- Paradox Jigglypuff with Scream Tail
- Paradox Misdreavus with Flutter Mane
- Paradox Volcarona Slither Wing
- Paradox Salamence with Roaring Moon
Meanwhile, Violet exclusives are:
- Tauros (Water-type)
- Paradox Donphan with Iron Treads
- Paradox Volcarona with Iron Moth
- Paradox Hariyama with Iron Hands
- Paradox Hydreigon with Iron Jugulis
- Paradox Tyranitar with Iron Thorns
- Paradox Delibird Iron Bundle
- Paradox Gaollade/Gardevoir Iron Valiant
You can decide which you think are the best, but a quick scan of the internet suggests fans think Violet has the best exclusives.
Larvitar has become an odd point of contention since it became a Pokemon Diamond exclusive, and here, you'll need Scarlet if you want it.
What About Paradox Pokemon?
As shown above, let's also remember that Scarlet and Violet will add Paradox Pokemon to Paldea. These are apparently 'Mon from the future, which fit with the whole time travel elements of the games.
16 Paradox Pokemon have been leaked for Gen 9, including Paradox Tyranitar and Paradox Volcarona, as well as Paradox Jigglypuff and Paradox Magneton.
Finally, there are also the Paldean forms of the OG Tauros and Gen 2's Wooper. By the time Scarlet and Violet eventually release, we're not sure there will be any surprises left.