How to sign up for The First Descendant open beta: Release date, platforms & more
The First Descendant open beta is almost here, bringing with it the chance for players to experience the upcoming third-person looter shooter early, with full crossplay - but when does it release?
The crossplay beta will be available to any players who sign up, so for more details on how to join in, The First Descendant open beta launch date and which platforms it will be available on, see the full details below.
We've also included a roundup of all the new features and updates that will be in the free-to-play game, with all major updates and adjustments.
- If you're a fan of free-to-play co-op games, check out our list of great free-to-play shooters to play this year!
The First Descendant open beta release date
The First Descendant open beta will commence from September 19 to September 25, 2023.
This is four weeks later than cited in the original schedule. Developers, Nexon Games released a statement on Twitter explaining the circumstances of the pushback, apologising for the delay and explaining that they wish to make sure as many players as possible can access the open beta on their platform of choice.
To sign up to open beta access, follow this link and fill in your information
The First Descendant open beta platforms
- If you also dabble in RPGs and are looking forward to Starfield, check out our list of the best games like Starfield to play before launch
The First Descendant open beta rewards
All players who successfully sign up for The First Descendant open beta will receive a limited-edition social motion.
Additionally, if you manage to reach Descendant level 20 you will receive a back-attachment customization item at launch.
The First Descendant beta updates & gameplay features
Nexon Games have implemented the following updates which will be available during the open beta testing on September 19.
- Improved frame rate performance
- HDR and NVIDIA® DLSS 3 support
- Utilizing the latest Unreal Engine 5.2
- Performance and quality modes for PS5 and Xbox Series X | S
- Revamped grappling hook control and new parkour movements
- New module (previously called rune) system
- Improved jump motions
- Improved gun sound effects
- Updated UI, and UX elements
Updated Narratives and Prologue
- New additional storyline
- A mysterious new map (The Sterile Land)
New Gameplay Content
- 11 playable Descendants and two ultimate Descendants
- 11 new ultimate weapons each with unique effects
- 8 Void Intercept Battle bosses
- 2 new Void Intercept Battle maps
- New cosmetic system
- Improved world missions
Along with the above updates, the first prologue story chapter will also be available upon the launch of the open beta. Players will get the chance to explore the backstory of the alien Vulgus race and why they have chosen to invade Ingris, bringing with them destruction, chaos and beasts.
That rounds off our guide on how to sign up for The First Descendant open beta. If you're looking for something to fill the wait for The First Descendant, check out our guide to the best Xbox Games Pass games available this month!