How to trade with other players in Rocket League
If you're trying to get some items in Rocket League, then trading for them may be the best option. We're here to show you how to do just that, explain why you would want to, and the steps you need to take to enable it.
Rocket League offers the ability for players to trade their items (like the Alpha Boost) with another player in the game. This means that if you've missed out on something that you want to sport on your car, you can simply ask your friends - or strangers - to trade it with you if you've got something to offer in return.
What to do before trading in Rocket League
First off, you cannot trade in Rocket League unless you have purchased at least 500 Credits. This may seem to be a paywall for some, especially free-to-play gamers, but Rocket League trading does fall victim to scams, and this step is to prevent fraudulent activity.
Players can also only trade items that were purchased or unlocked on the console that they are trading with. Cross-platform progression has allowed players to own items on PC, which cannot be transferred to their Xbox accounts, meaning you need to be logged into the console where you have acquired the items you want to trade.
How to trade with other players
Once you have purchased 500 Credits and logged on to your desired console, Rocket League trading is quite easy:
- Ensure that you have the "Allow Player-to-Player Trading" setting enabled
- Invite a player to a party
- Select the "Invite to Trade" option
- Choose the Items or Credits you want to offer
- Wait for the other player to select their offerings
- Select "Accept"
- The "Review Your Trade" window will then appear. If you're satisfied with the trade, press and hold the "Accept" button again once it becomes available
- Your new items will be added to your Garage Inventory and your traded items will have been removed
Those easy-to-follow steps will walk you through how to trade with other players in Rocket League, but always be careful when getting into business with players that you don't know, as you don't want to give up your rare items for nothing. You should also check out which is the fastest car in Rocket League so that you're ready to zoom.