MW2 & Warzone 2 Season 3 release date, new content
You'll want to know the MW2 and Warzone 2 Season 3 release date, as it's fast approaching, and the second season is quickly nearing its end.
So far, the Modern Warfare 2 seasonal approach has seen big changes made to the game, with new maps and modes in multiplayer, a new Warzone map, and tonnes of new missions in the DMZ mode. Thankfully Season 3 has continued this trend, bringing forward a bunch of exciting new content.
So, take a look at our MW2 and Warzone 2 Season 3 release date guide, along with a rundown of all the new content arriving with the update.
- Wondering where to find the mysterious items on Ashika Island in Warzone 2? Check out this guide for all of the details.
MW2 Warzone 2 Season 3 release date
The MW2 and Warzone 2 Season 3 release date is set for April 12, which was confirmed with a teaser video released on the official Call of Duty Twitter.
We previously predicted it would launch on the same date, as the battle pass for Season 2 is set to end on April 11, and April 12 is a Wednesday, which is a common update day for the series.
- Find out what the best perks for Warzone 2 are here to help you win more games.
MW2 Warzone 2 Season 3 new content
Season 3 in MW2 & Warzone 2 is easily one of the biggest they've done so far, with a plethora of new additions to all three major game modes.
Here is all of the new content for Warzone 2.0 that dropped with Season 3:
- Plunder (in season)
- Warzone ranked (in season)
- Al Mazrah Resurgence
- Redeploy Drones
- Tempered Plate Carrier
- UAV Towers
- New Gulag map
- Deployable Buy Station (in season)
- Perk Packages
Here is a list of everything dropping for MW2 DMZ:
- New missions
- Active duty slots
- New backpacks
If you play multiplayer though, here are all of the new additions in Season 3:
- New maps:
- Pelayo's Lighthouse (6v6)
- Black Gold (6v6)
- Sattiq Cave Complex (Battle map)
- Rohan Oilfields (Battle map)
- Alboran Hatchery (in season)
- New Gunfight maps:
- Raid Episode 03 (in season)
- New Co-op mission:
- Defender: Hafid Port (in season)
- Ground War Infected (in season)
Alongside these mode-specific additions, we are also getting a bunch of new guns, operators, events, bundles, and more:
- BlackCell Battle Pass
- Task Force 141 Operator skins (Battle Pass)
- New weapons:
- FJX Imperium (Battle Pass)
- Cronen Squall (Battle Pass)
- New pistol (in season)
- New Operators:
- Alejandro (Battle Pass)
- Valeria (Battle Pass)
- New Events:
- Trophy Hunt
- Camo challenge event (in season)
- New store bundles:
- Dark Rituals II
- Thunder Front
- Classic Ghost Pack
- Hopping Mad
- World Series of Warzone
As you can see, this new season is absolutely jam packed with things to enjoy and look out for, so you better jump in and start working towards it all.
- See what the best Tempus Torrent Marksman Rifle loadout in MW2 is here.
So, that wraps up everything you need to know about the MW2 & Warzone 2 Season 3 release date and new content, keeping you up to date with the big refresh.
In the meantime though, why not have a read of this guide on how to complete Missing Person in MW2 DMZ if it's causing you bother?