Escape From Tarkov 0.13.0.2 Patch Notes & Hidden Recoil Changes
The latest Escape From Tarkov 0.13.0.2 patch notes are here, and with them also comes a set of hidden recoil changes that will be huge for the future of the game. There has been a significant community drive in Escape From Tarkov to tone down the recoil, and this patch might just have solved all of the problems.
So, to see the full Escape From Tarkov 0.13.0.2 patch notes and details on the hidden recoil changes, make sure to carry on reading down below.
- Find out what the Escape From Tarkov best guns are in this handy guide.
Escape From Tarkov 0.13.0.2 Patch Notes
Here are the latest Escape From Tarkov 0.13.0.2 patch notes that arrived on January 27, 2023:
- Adjusted the server system to reduce the rubberbanding and desync on the Streets of Tarkov location
- Numerous geometry and lighting fixes on the Streets of Tarkov location
- Fixed issues that led to duplication, stuttering, and lack of some sounds with binaural audio enabled
- Fixed missing sounds of aeroplanes and airdrops in some cases
- Fixed missing sounds of weapon interactions when the volume of interface sounds is set to 0
- Fixed missing bush and container search sounds with binaural audio enabled
- Fixed incorrect volume of footstep sounds during crouched and standing movement
- Fixed incorrect gym behaviour in the Hideout with third-party overlays enabled
- Fixed incorrect duration of the muscle pain status
- Fixed incorrect weapon sounds for Chiappa Rhino, RSh-12, Benelli M3, AI AXMC, SR-2M, M203 underbarrel grenade launcher, GP-25 underbarrel grenade launcher
- Fixed incorrect weight for several items
- Fixed incorrect durability of weapons on Rogue bosses
- Fixed incorrect conditions for the unlocking of customization options from Ragman
- Fixed incorrect calculation of skills in quest rewards
- Fixed the ability to apply the effects of some consumables without losing them
- Fixed the inability to level up skills above level 50
- Fixed several visual artefacts on the Streets of Tarkov location
- Fixed incorrect player spawn positions on the Streets of Tarkov location
- Fixed incorrect conditions for Jaeger to buy weapons from players
- Fixed the incorrect tooltip of unsellable items when switching between screens
- Fixed incorrect visuals of NVGs and thermals when changing screen resolution and switching to full-screen mode
- Fixed the lack of durability loss when repairing some weapons with repair kits
- Fixed the incorrectly working D2 exit on the Reserve location
- Fixed the softlock that appeared while interacting with some weapons
- Fixed the incorrect calculation of the physical skills level bonus from the Air Filtering Unit zone in the Hideout
- Fixed incorrect skill point calculation when using the gym in the Hideout
- Fixed several bugs in the dialogue system when interacting with Lightkeeper
- Fixed incorrect spawns for Rogues
- Fixed the incorrect display of objectives for Lightkeeper quests while in a raid
- Fixed incorrect positions of Zryachiy's guards
- Fixed the incorrect behavior of the co-op mode settings interface when switching between screens
- Fixed the missing localization of some interface elements while in a raid
- Added a new 5.56x45 muzzle brake
- Fixed incorrect camera behavior while aiming with Chiappa Rhino 200DS
As you can see, there are some really important changes detailed here, ranging from the potential removal of rubber banding issues on the new Streets of Tarkov map, to a fix for the sound issues many players are encountering when crouched.
As usual, it will take a short while to fully understand the extent of these changes and whether they have managed to fully fix the issues, but it is definitely a big step in the right direction.
- Never use bad ammo again by checking out our Escape From Tarkov ammo tier list.
Escape From Tarkov Hidden Recoil Changes
However, just before this patch dropped Battlestate Games implemented a handful of 'hidden' recoil changes that are incredibly significant for the future of the game. While it has been a hot topic for a while, there has been an overwhelming community push in the past week for the recoil in the game to be addressed, as many players feel as if it is far too harsh.
Thus, BSG has actually responded to player feedback and made a few changes that should hopefully make recoil more manageable. Here are the Escape From Tarkov recoil changes that have been made:
- Reduced the recoil angle for all weapons
- Reduced camera recoil by 20% for all weapons
The former is likely to affect the amount of horizontal recoil that each weapon has. This is significant due to the uncontrollable nature of recoil that bounces left to right, so it should make the kick far easier to compensate on the player side.
The reduction of camera recoil is also incredibly important, as it is a feature rather unique to Tarkov where the players vision raises beyond the sight when experiencing heavy recoil, making it even more difficult to deal with.
While these changes are not going to make every gun a laser beam, they should hopefully make some of the weapons that have fallen out of the meta since patch 12.12 like the M4, HK, and AS VAL much more viable again.
So, that wraps up the Escape From Tarkov 0.13.0.2 patch notes, giving you further details about the hidden recoil changes that you might have otherwise missed. If you're looking to get more performance in-game though, make sure not to miss our Escape From Tarkov best settings guide.