MW2 Error Code Diver Explained And How To Fix
If you've been playing Modern Warfare 2, you may have encountered the error code Diver. This is causing lots of frustration among Modern Warfare 2 players as it doesn't explain why the error occurred or how to fix it. Thankfully, there's an easy explanation of what's going on here and hopefully an easy fix. So, here's everything we know about the Modern Warfare 2 error code Diver.
Modern Warfare 2 Error Code Diver: What Is It?
Error code Diver appears in Modern Warfare 2 when the game is unable to download all the files needed to play the game. Shortly after loading up the title, you may be met with a window that reads 'Download Failed'. There's an option to retry the download, but this doesn't always fix the problem.
- Looking how to inspect your weapon in MW2 - we got you covered.
Modern Warfare 2 Error Code Diver: How To Fix
There are a few different reasons why you may be encountering error code Diver, so follow these steps to fix your Modern Warfare 2 install:
- The most likely source is that there is either server maintenance or an update - simply restart your game or check out the Infinity Ward Twitter.
- Check your internet connection. It may be that your console or PC has lost connection to the internet, so ensure that your WiFi password is entered correctly and your device is connected to your router.
- Restart your router. If you're having trouble getting your device to connect to your router, or you can't seem to access the internet, it might be time to reset your router. Turn it off at the wall for at least 10 seconds before switching it back on again.
- Check for updates or verify the integrity of your game files. This is the last resort but may end up fixing your Modern Warfare 2 issues.
- On PlayStation, press the 'Options' button on the Modern Warfare 2 icon and choose the 'Check for updates' option.
- On Xbox, go to the 'My Games and Apps' section of the dashboard. Navigate to 'Manage' and then select 'Updates'. Look here for any potential updates for Modern Warfare 2.
- On Steam, right-click on Modern Warfare 2 in your library and select 'Properties'. Click on the 'Local Files' tab and click 'Verify integrity of game files'.
Hopefully, this will have solved the error code Diver in Modern Warfare 2. For more Modern Warfare 2 guides, keep reading GGRecon.