League of Legends update 13.17 patch notes: Buffs, nerfs, new skins & more
If you're curious about all of the changes coming to League of Legends in update 13.17, we have the patch notes right here for you.
Riot Games is always on top of keeping LoL up to date for its fans, constantly tweaking its characters and systems to make the game as good as it can be. There are plenty of buffs and nerfs to keep track of in this week's League of Legends update, which is why we have a complete breakdown of the 13.17 update patch notes listed below.
We've broken the patch notes down into both short and long versions, so you can dive into as much detail as you'd like. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about the League of Legends update 13.17 patch notes.
- Check out the previous notes for LoL patch 13.16
League of Legends 13.17 patch notes: The short version
New Cosmic skins are being added to the game, including Cosmic Matriarch Bel'Veth, Cosmic Paladins Sion, Nautilus, Nunu & Willump and Dark Cosmic Erasure Jhin.
The Jhin skin is only obtainable through the milestone system, which means you can't buy it normally and you'll have to buy Capsules for a random shot at finding Jhin instead. Each Cosmic 2023 Capsule will cost 750 RP, and after 29 capsules you're guaranteed to unlock the Jhin skin on the 30th purchase.
Aside from the skins, we've got balance changes for Blitzcrank and fighters like Aatrox, Hecarim and Xin Zhao, as well as lots of item updates including Stattik Shiv, Goredrinker, Stridebreaker and more.
The Blue Essence Emporium is returning, Future's Market has been changed, and catchup experience in the jungle has been altered!
- Wondering when the next LoL update is after this? Check out our League of Legends patch notes schedule for all of the latest information
League of Legends 13.17 patch notes: Champions
Here are all Champion buffs, nerfs and changes coming in LoL patch 13.17!
Passive damage type adjusted to magic damage. W damage type adjusted to magic damage.
Passive - Deathbringer Stance
- Damage Type: Physical ⇒ Magic
W - Infernal Chains
- Damage Type: Physical ⇒ Magic
Health growth increased, armor growth increased, attack damage growth decreased.
- Health Growth: 104 ⇒ 107
- Armor Growth: 4.2 ⇒ 4.7
- Attack Damage Growth: 3.5 ⇒ 3
Base health and magic resistance increased, base attack speed and attack speed ratio decreased. Passive shield value adjusted. W mana cost decreased, bonus attack speed increased. E AD ratio increased, mana cost decreased, bonus damage to non-champions removed. R passive damage increased.
- Base Health: 633 ⇒ 650
- Magic Resistance: 28 ⇒ 32
- Base Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.625
- Attack Speed Ratio: 0.7 ⇒ 0.625
Passive - Mana Barrier
- Shield Strength: 15-45% (based on level) of Maximum Mana ⇒ 30% of Maximum Mana
W - Overdrive
- Mana Cost: 85 ⇒ 75
- Bonus Attack Speed: 30/40/50/60/70% ⇒ 30/43/56/69/82%
E - Power Fist
- Bonus Physical Damage: 75% AD (+25% AP) ⇒ 100% AD (+25% AP)
- Mana Cost: 40 ⇒ 25
- Bonus Damage to Non-Champions: E no longer deals a bonus 150% AD (+125% AP) to non-champions
R - Static Field
- Passive Damage: 50/100/150 (+50% AP) ⇒ 50/100/150 (+50% AP) (+2% Maximum Mana)
Passive bonus magic damage and healing on basic attacks increased. E stun duration increased.
Passive - Spider Queen
- Bonus Magic Damage on Basic Attacks: 10/20/30/40 (+20% AP) ⇒ 12/22/32/42 (+20% AP)
- On-Hit Healing on Basic Attacks: 4/6/8/10 (+8% AP) ⇒ 6/8/10/12 (+8% AP)
E - Cocoon
- Stun Duration: 1.6/1.7/1.8/1.9/2 seconds ⇒ 1.6/1.8/2/2.2/2.4 seconds
Mega Gnar Q base damage increased. Mega Gnar W base damage increased.
Q - Boulder Toss (Mega Gnar)
- Physical Damage: 25/70/115/160/205 (+140% AD) ⇒ 45/90/135/180/225 (+140% AD)
W - Wallop (Mega Gnar)
- Physical Damage: 25/55/85/115/145 (+100% AD) ⇒45/75/105/135/165 (+100% AD)
Base mana, base mana regeneration, and mana regeneration growth increased, mana growth decreased. Q mana cost decreased. W mana cost decreased, omnivamp decreased.
- Base Mana: 277 ⇒ 280
- Mana Growth: 60 ⇒ 40
- Base Mana Regeneration: 6.5 ⇒ 7
- Mana Regeneration Growth: 0.6 ⇒ 0.8
Q - Rampage
- Mana Cost: 30 at all ranks ⇒ 28/26/24/22/20
W - Spirit of Dread
- Mana Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 ⇒ 50/55/60/65/70
- Omnivamp: 25% (+2% of 100 bonus AD) of damage dealt ⇒ 20% of damage dealt (Note: this is still post-mitigation damage dealt)
W AD ratio decreased.
W - Blade's Reach
- Physical Damage: 90/135/180/225/270 (+130% bonus AD) ⇒ 85/130/175/220/265 (+110% bonus AD)
- New Me, New Health and Mana Bar: Kayn now restores himself to maximum health and mana upon transforming into Shadow Assassin or Darkin Slayer. (Note: This feature is disabled on ARAM.)
Q AD ratio decreased.
Q - Taste Their Fear
- Physical Damage: 70/95/120/145/170 (+115% bonus AD) ⇒ 70/95/120/145/170 (+110% bonus AD)
E slow and percent missing health damage decreased.
E - Mounting Dread
- Physical Damage: 80/100/120/140/160 (+80% bonus AD) (+8% (+0.5% per Mark Mark) target’s missing health) ⇒ 80/100/120/140/160 (+80% bonus AD) (+5% (+0.5% per Mark Mark) target’s missing health)
- Slow: 50% (+5% per 100 AP) for 1 second ⇒ 30% (+5% per 100 AP) for 1 second
Base mana regeneration increased. Passive damage increased. Q cooldown now decreased with rank. E base damage decreased.
- Base Mana Regeneration: 8 ⇒ 7
Passive - Illumination
- Magic Damage: 20-190 (based on level) (+20% AP) ⇒ 30-200 (based on level) (+25% AP)
Q - Light Binding
- Cooldown: 11 seconds at all ranks ⇒ 11/10.5/10/9.5/9 seconds
E - Lucent Singularity
- Magic Damage: 70/120/170/220/270 (+80% AP) ⇒ 65/115/165/215/265 (+80% AP)
Base health decreased. Passive cooldown increased, packmates now take bonus damage from melee attacks. Q damage and heal decreased. E damage decreased.
- Base Health: 650 ⇒ 635
Passive - We are more
- Cooldown: 25-10 (based on level) ⇒ 30-15 (based on level)
- newDown Doggo: Naafiri’s Packmates will now take 100% bonus damage from melee attacks
Q - Darkin Daggers
- Recast Minimum Damage: 35/50/65/80/95 (+70% bonus AD) ⇒ 30/45/60/75/90 (+40% bonus AD)
- Recast Maximum Damage: 70/100/130/160/190 (+70% bonus AD) ⇒ 60/90/100/130/180 (+70% bonus AD)
- Recast Heal Amount: 45/65/85/105/125 (+40% bonus AD) ⇒ 45/60/75/90/105 (+40% bonus AD)
E - Eviscerate
- Dash Physical Damage: 35/50/65/80/95 (+60% bonus AD) ⇒ 35/50/65/80/95 (+50% bonus AD)
- Flurry Physical Damage: 65/100/135/170/205 (+90% bonus AD) ⇒ 65/100/135/170/205 (+80% bonus AD)
Health growth increased. W base damage increased.
- Health Growth: 105 ⇒ 110
W - Command: Dissonance
- Magic Damage: 60/105/150/195/240 (+70% AP) ⇒ 70/120/170/220/270 (+70% AP)
Health growth increased. Q base damage decreased. E base damage decreased.
- Health Growth: 99 ⇒ 107
Q - Blinding Assault
- Physical Damage: 20/45/70/95/120 (+80/90/100/110/120% AD) (+50% AP) ⇒ 20/40/60/80/100 (+80/90/100/110/120% AD) (+50% AP)
E - Vault
- Physical Damage: 40/70/100/130/160 (+20% bonus AD) ⇒ 40/65/90/115/140 (+20% bonus AD)
Base health increased.
- Base Health: 600 ⇒ 630
Attack range increased. Attack damage decreased
- Attack Range: 125 ⇒ 175
- Attack Damage: 72 ⇒ 68
Q damage increased.
Q - Wild Cards
- Magic Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+80% AP) ⇒ 60/100/140/180/220 (+90% AP)
Q base damage increased. W cooldown decreased.
Q - Mistral Bolt
- Magic Damage: 60/105/150/195/240 (+70% AP) ⇒ 70/115/160/205/250 (+70% AP)
W - Personal Space
- Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12 seconds ⇒ 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
Passive shield health scaling increased. W cooldown reduction increased. E cooldown decreased. R damage decreased.
Passive - Blast Shield
- Shield Strength: 10% of Vi’s maximum health ⇒ 12% of Vi’s maximum health
W - Denting Blows
- Passive Cooldown Reduction: 3 seconds ⇒ 4 seconds
E - Relentless Force
- Cooldown: 14/12.5/11/9.5/8 seconds ⇒ 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
R - Cease and Desist
- Physical Damage: 150/325/500 (+110% bonus AD) ⇒ 150/275/400 (+90% bonus AD)
Base mana regeneration decreased. Passive cooldown refunded on unit kill increased. W mana cost increased.
- Base Mana Regeneration: 8 ⇒ 6.85
Passive - Mana Surge
- Cooldown Refunded on Unit Kill: 2 seconds ⇒ 2.5 seconds
W - Eye of Destruction
- Mana Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 ⇒ 80/90/100/110/120
Passive heal adjusted.
Passive - Determination
- Heal on Third Stack: 6-74 (based on level) (+10% AD) (+65% AP) ⇒ 3/3.5/4% (levels 1/6/11) (+65% AP) of maximum health
Base health regeneration increased. E sleep duration increased, magic resistance reduction increased.
- Base Health Regeneration: 6.5 ⇒ 7.5
E - Sleepy Trouble Bubble
- Magic Resistance Reduction: 20/22.5/25/27.5/30% ⇒ 30% at all ranks
League of Legends 13.17 patch notes: Skins & item changes
Here are all the new skins coming to League of Legends in patch 13.17. The Cosmic skinline is back, and the controversial Dark Cosmic Erasure Jhin is also being released with this patch. Each skin also comes with its own set of Chromas.
- Dark Cosmic Erasure Jhin
- Cosmic Matriarch Bel'Veth
- Cosmic Paladin Sion
- Cosmic Paladins Nunu & Willump
- Cosmic Paladin Nautilus
And here are all the changes to items in the LoL 13.17 patch notes.
- Engorge Health Requirement for Bonus AD: above 50% health ⇒ above 70% health
Duskblade of Draktharr
- More Like the Rest: Nightstalker passive has been changed to functionally match other untargetable effects. Diskblade will still not block towers.
- Slippery, but not Invincible: No longer makes the owner immune to damage while untargetable.
- But still Slippery: Now destroys incoming non-tower projectiles when triggered.
- Coruscation Damage Amplification: 10% ⇒ 7%
- Item Recipe: Ironspike Whip + Caulfield’s Warhammer + Kindlegem ⇒ Ironspike Whip + Phage + Kindlegem (Note: Total cost unchanged)
- Health: 300 ⇒ 400
- Lifeline Shield: 215-500 (levels 11-18) ⇒ 290-500 (levels 11-18)
Spear of Shojin
- Item Recipe: Caulfield’s Warhammer + B.F. Sword + Kindlegem ⇒ Caulfield’s Warhammer + Pickaxe + Kindlegem
- Combine Cost: 100 ⇒ 525 (Note: total item cost is unchanged.)
- Attack Damage: 65 ⇒ 60
- Health: 350 ⇒ 500
- Dragonforce: 8 (+8% bonus AD) Haste for Melee Champions / 6 (+6% bonus AD) Haste for Ranged Champions ⇒ 16 (+4% bonus AD) Haste for Melee Champions / 12 (+3% bonus AD) Haste for Ranged Champions (Note: this is a buff before 200 bonus AD.)
- Bonus Damage Against Champions: 100-180 (based on level) (+30% AP) ⇒ 100-180 (based on level) (+15% AP)
- Health: 300 ⇒ 375
League of Legends 13.17 patch notes: ARAM, bug fixes & more
Here are the rest of the changes in LoL patch 13.17, including changes to Future's Market, ARAM, catchup experience, dragons and more!
Future’s Market is simply an overperforming rune and is being consistently picked by junglers, more so than any other role. This change should help balance rune options and very slightly lower jungle power.
- Debt Limit: starts at 145 gold + 5 per minute ⇒ starts at 100 gold + 8 per minute (Note: this is a buff starting at 18 minutes.)
In some cases players could be "just barely over two levels down from the average which ended up rounding to three levels below and thus triggering catchup experience". The team has changed the way it rounds to not always round up and ensure it doesn't feel like enemy junglers can unfairly find their way back into the game.
- Impatient Dragons: Added a patience bar and leashing range indicator to all dragons.
- Anivia: 100% Damage Taken ⇒ 95% Damage Take
- Gnar: 0 Total Attack Speed Increase ⇒ 2.5% Total Attack Speed Increase
- Kennen: 100% Damage Dealt ⇒ 105% Damage Dealt
- Trundle: 95% Healing Done ⇒ 100% Healing Done
- Zilen: 0 Ability Haste ⇒ 10 Ability Haste
- Brand: 0 Ability Haste ⇒ -10 Ability Haste
- Kayle: 103% Damage Taken ⇒ 105% Damage Taken
- Maokai: 105% Damage Taken ⇒ 110% Damage Taken
- Nasus: 105% Damage Taken ⇒ 110% Damage Taken
- Samira: 100% Damage Taken ⇒ 105% Damage Taken
- Tryndamere: 115% Damage Dealt ⇒ 110% Damage Dealt
- Vladmir: 100% Healing Done ⇒ 90% Healing Done
- Fixed a bug that caused Viego to be able to shop on Howling Abyss after using his Passive - Sovereign’s Domination to possess an opponent.
Blue Essence Emporium
The Blue Essence Emporium is back! You'll be able to spend your Blue Essence on chromas, accessories, and more starting on September 6, 20:00 UTC. The Emporium will remain open until September 20th, 20:00 UTC, so make sure to drop by!
New Champion Illustration Icons
New Champion illustration icons have been released! These will be available for direct purchase in the shop for 250 RP each.
- The in-lobby chat window has been updated to include placeholder texts and new fonts and colors for better visibility.
- Pressing ‘Enter’ while in a lobby will now activate typing in chat.
- Added visual clarifications between Role and Role Description.
- Drastically improved performance when viewing Ranked Ladders in the League Client. The page should load much faster and, once loaded, will scroll through the list significantly smoother.
- Fixed a bug that caused Frozen Heart’s snowflake VFX to appear above non-champions.
- Fixed a bug that caused Heal to not grant movespeed to the ally healed.
- Fixed a bug that caused Sett’s R - The Show Stopper to suppress targets for an extended duration if the knockup from the ability was blocked by a Spellshield.
- Fixed a bug that was cursing the Target Dummy’s name to display as “Unknown” in the practice tool.
- Fixed a bug that caused Draven’s R - Whirling Death to play the incorrect SFX when it was sent out and when it returned.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Taliyah’s R - Weaver’s Wall animation speed to play slower than intended.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Camille to determine if Neeko was disguised due to her Passive - Adaptive Defenses.
- Fixed a bug that would allow Aery to provide vision as it was heading back to base.
- Fixed a bug that caused Sylas’ E - Abduct to not CC opponents for the proper duration.
- Fixed a bug that caused Twisted Fate’s R - Curtain Call eyeball VFX to last longer than intended.
- Fixed a bug that was causing wards to not show up when pushed aside by Epic Monsters.
- Fixed a bug that caused champions to be revealed by Oracle Lens if they dashed onto the exact space the ward was located.
- Fixed a bug that caused champions to be revealed by Oracle Lens if they dashed onto the exact space the ward was located.
- Fixed a bug that caused Font of Life to not trigger Lucian’s Passive - Lightslinger.
- Fixed a bug that caused Lissandra’s Q - Ice Shard to be canceled if she was CC’d while she was casting it.
- Fixed a bug where Fright Night Nautilus’ model moved unintentionally when Q - Dredge Line was cast.
- Fixed a bug where Shan Hai Scrolls Jhin did not have a pulsating overlay.
- Fixed a bug where Dark Cosmic Jhin’s R - Curtain Call and Passive - Whisper VO lines for casting the abilities did not play.
- Fixed a bug where Project Zed’s lower body was frozen without motion when he performed attacks that triggered his Passive - Contempt for the Weak.
- Fixed a bug where smoke during Dragonslayer Kayle’s Recall had a rectangular shape.
- Fixed a bug where the VFX overlay on PsyOps Sona would glitch unintentionally when Passive - Power Cord was ready.
- Fixed a bug where Cafe Cuties’ Soraka Q - Starcall VFX indicating bonus Movement Speed was missing after she hit an enemy with her Q - Starcall.
- Fixed a bug where Prestige Immortal Journey Sona HUD icon was using the Classic Immortal Journey Sona splash art.
- Fixed a bug where Immortal Journey Kayle’s Scoreboard and Minimap icon did not reflect level 11 Classic Kayle Splash Art changes.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Mecha Kingdom Jax’s E - Counter Strike VFX to remain after dodging multiple hits in a single E cast.
- Fixed a bug that caused Caitlyn’s Pulsefire skin (and chromas) to not display the headshot ready indicator VFX.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Evocation augment to not be affected by summoner spell haste.
- Fixed a bug that caused Navori Quickblades’ Mythic Passive to not grant additional Attack Damage to Legendary Items
Those are all the changes coming to the game in LoL patch 13.17. As always, there's a lot happening - so we'll see how the meta shakes up after the patch is released.
For more League of Legends, keep reading GGRecon.