Pokemon GO Therian Thundurus: Counters, Weaknesses, And Movesets
You'll need the best Pokemon GO Therian Thundurus counters because as one of the best Electric-type attackers in the game, Therian Form Thundurus is highly desirable for many players. Luckily, with the right counters, it's pretty easy to take down in Raids and ultimately capture in Pokemon GO. Once you've captured Thundurus, be sure to teach it the best moves and optimize its combat prowess. We've got the best movesets, as well as how to take down this powerful Legendary with the best Pokemon GO Therian Thundurus counters right here.
- Two of the other Forces of Nature, Tornadus and Landorus, are also great Pokemon in their Therian forms. Check out our guides to Pokemon GO Landorus counters and Pokemon GO Tornadus counters for more information.
Pokemon GO Therian Thundurus: Weaknesses
Therian Form Thundurus is an Electric/Flying-type, meaning it only has two weaknesses: Rock and Ice.
This type combination also has a few resistances: Bug, Fighting, Flying, Grass, Ground, and Steel.
Pokemon GO Therian Thundurus: Counters
Both Ice and Rock are very good types in Pokemon GO, meaning you can use Pokemon from either of them against Thundurus. These are among the best counters to use:
- Weavile (Ice Shard | Avalanche)
- Rhyperior (Smack Down | Rock Wrecker)
- Mega Abomasnow (Powder Snow | Ice-type Weather Ball)
- Mamoswine (Powder Snow | Avalanche)
- Galarian Darmanitan (Ice Fang | Avalanche)
- Terrakion (Smack Down | Rock Slide)
- Rampardos (Smack Down | Rock Slide)
- Tyranitar (Smack Down | Stone Edge)
- Glaceon (Frost Breath | Avalanche)
Pokemon GO Therian Thundurus: Movesets
Once you've captured a Thundurus, it's wise to make sure it has Electric-type moves, as it excels as an Electric attacker. As a Flying-type, it's also pretty great, but it's outclassed by many other Flying-types and it doesn't learn any Flying-type fast moves. Because of these reasons, it'll do better as an Electric-type in many contexts.
In PvE, opt for Volt Switch and Thunderbolt, as Thundurus will prove to be a powerful Electric-type attacker. It can also use Thunder, but Thunderbolt is widely considered to be better.
In PvP, the same moveset serves as Thundurus' best. However, if you'd like to have a check on Rock-types that pose a threat to Thundurus, adding Focus Blast as a second charge move might be worth the investment.
- Thundurus is a great choice to use against many Flying-type Raid bosses, like Mega Charizard Y.