Pokemon GO Mega Pidgeot: Counters, Weaknesses, And Movesets
Looking for some Pokemon GO Mega Pidgeot counters? One of the first Mega Evolutions in Pokemon GO, Mega Pidgeot is a great Flying-type attacker with a cheap Mega Evolution cost (100 Mega Energy to unlock, 20 to Mega Evolve after that). Taking down a Pokemon GO Mega Pidgeot in a raid and adding it to your team is a wise investment, so you'll want to be able to counter it and give it the best moves.
- Mega Charizard Y is another great Flying-type Mega Evolution. Check out our guide to Pokemon GO Mega Charizard Y for more info.
Pokemon GO Mega Pidgeot: Weaknesses
Mega Pidgeot is a Flying/Normal-type Pokemon, meaning it only has a few weaknesses. Its Flying-type covers Normal's only weakness, Fighting, meaning it's only Flying's weaknesses that'll play a part here.
Mega Pidgeot is weak to Rock, Electric, and Ice.
In turn, Mega Pidgeot has resistances to Bug and Grass, as well as increased resistances to Ghost and Ground.
Pokemon GO Mega Pidgeot: Counters
There are a ton of strong Rock-, Ice-, and Electric-type attackers in Pokemon GO, giving you ample choice for who to bring into a Mega Pidgeot Raid. Here are some standouts:
- Rampardos (Smack Down | Rock Slide)
- Zekrom (Charge Beam | Wild Charge)
- Tyranitar (Smack Down | Stone Edge)
- Raikou (Thunder Shock | Wild Charge)
- Magnezone (Spark | Wild Charge)
- Terrakion (Smack Down | Rock Slide)
- Rhyperior (Smack Down | Stone Edge/Rock Wrecker)
- Weavile (Ice Shard | Avalanche)
- Galarian Darmanitan (Ice Fang | Avalanche)
- Alolan Golem (Rock Throw | Wild Charge)
- Mamoswine (Powder Snow | Avalanche)
- Electivire (Thunder Shock | Wild Charge)
- Zapdos (Thunder Shock | Thunderbolt)
Pokemon GO Mega Pidgeot: Best Movesets
Mega Pidgeot has no shortage of Flying-type moves to choose from, but in general, Air Slash and Brave Bird will serve extremely well for Raids, gym battles, and in PvP. It should be noted that the only type of PvP that Mega Evolutions can participate in are GO Rocket battles.
Gust and Wing Attack are two fast moves that Mega Pidgeot can learn. Unfortunately, both are locked behind an Elite TM. They'll perform better than Air Slash, but their inaccessibility poses problems for some people.
As for charge moves, Brave Bird should perform best overall, though Hurricane is also a nice choice.
Need some more Mega Energy for Mega Pidgeot or any other Pokemon? Check out our guide to Pokemon GO Mega Energy.