Pokemon GO June Community Day: Special Moves, Deino Bonuses, And More
The Pokemon GO June Community Day will feature a Pokemon that many people saw coming: Deino! This Dark/Dragon-type evolves into Zweilous, then the pseudo-Legendary Hydreigon. Their shinies are already available in Pokemon GO, but it'll be much easier to get one on this special day, and there are some bonuses in effect, as well as a new move for Hydreigon.
For all the details on Deino Community Day, read on!
Did you know that the Deino family has an increased weakness to Fairy-type moves? If not, check out our Pokemon GO type chart to brush up on your type matchups!
Pokemon GO June Community Day: Start Date And Time
Deino Community Day in Pokemon GO will take place on Saturday, June 25 from 11am to 2pm local time. Don't forget that Community Days are back to being three hours now.
There will also be a bonus Raid window after Community Day ends — more on that later.
The evolution window for the special move is up to five hours after the event ends, though, meaning you have from 11am to 7pm.
Pokemon GO June Community Day: Special Moves
Speaking of the special move, let's go over what it will be this time around. Any Hydreigon obtained through evolution during the move window will know the move Brutal Swing.
This charged move has the same power in PvE and PvP: 65.
Pokemon GO June Community Day: Bonuses
There are a handful of bonuses in effect, many of which should help you catch a bunch of Deino and evolve them.
- Deino will appear in significant numbers, and its shiny form will be available
- 2x catch candy
- 1/4 hatch distance for eggs placed in incubators during the event window
- Double chance of Deino XL candy when catching Deino
- Incense and Lures activated during the event will last three hours
- 5x photobomb snapshots
- One extra special trade can be made during the event or up to five hours afterward
- Trades during and up to five hours after the event will cost 50% less Stardust
- If Trainers catch enough Pokemon from the same Lure, Zweilous will begin to appear at that Lured stop
- Event-themed stickers will be available from gifts, the in-game shop, and PokeStops
- The Deino Hat avatar item will be available in the in-game shop for 150 PokeCoins
Pokemon GO June Community Day: Four-Star Zweilous Raids
In an interesting turn of events, four-star Raids will be returning just for this event. These Raids will start after Community Day ends, running from 2pm to 7pm local time. In these Raids, Zweilous will be the Raid boss. For some strange reason, Niantic has made it so only standard Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes can be used to participate in these Raids — Remote Raid Passes cannot be used.
However, there will be a bonus attached to these Raids. If you defeat Zweilous in a four-star Raid, Deino will begin to spawn around that Raid's gym for 30 minutes, in a 300-meter radius. They'll have the same shiny rate as Community Day proper.
Pokemon GO June Community Day: Special Research
A Special Research questline will be available to anyone who purchases a ticket, which will cost USD $1 or equivalent in your local currency. This time, it's titled "Field Notes: Deino." It'll be on sale a few days before Deino Community Day.
- Deino is one of rarest Pokemon in Pokemon GO. We've got a list of more rare Pokemon!