Pokemon Go Darkrai Counters: How To Beat Darkrai
You'll need these Pokemon Go Darkrai counters because the mythical Dark-type Pokemon is back in raids finally. Serving as the mythical Pokemon in Generation 4, Darkrai is one of the strongest Pokemon in the game. The Darkrai raid is a tough one, so make sure you're playing alongside at least three other players to give yourself the best chance at defeating it. But don't worry as this guide will have everything you need to know about the Pokemon Go Darkrai counters and how to take it down as easily as possible to add Darkrai to your collection in Pokemon Go.
Pokemon Go Darkrai Moveset
Like many other Pokemon in the game, Darkrai has five possible moves that it can use, with them covering three different types, so be mindful that none of your team has a weakness against them, otherwise the benefit of using your Pokemon for one of its typing could be cancelled out by its weakness to Darkrai's moveset.
Here are the five moves that Darkrai can use, with them consisting of three Dark-type, one Ghost-type, and one Fighting-type move:
- Feint Attack - 10 damage
- Snarl - 12 damage
- Dark Pulse - 80 damage
- Shadow Ball - 100 damage
- Focus Blast - 140 damage
- Have a read of all the Pokemon Go Eevee evolutions so you know how to get each one
Pokemon Go Darkrai Weaknesses
With Darkrai being a Dark-type Pokemon, the best option is to use Bug, Fairy, and Fighting-type moves as Dark-types are weak against them, with each type dealing 160% damage. When it comes to Bug-type Pokemon, we recommend Pokemon such as Buzzwole, Arceus (Bug), Volcarona, and Mega Beedrill. For Fairy, we would go with Zacian, Arceus (Fairy), Xerneas, and Magearna. And finally, for the Fighting-type, we would choose Zamazenta, Buzzwole, Arceus (Fighting), and Marshadow.
It is worth noting that if any of your Pokemon have secondary types that include Normal, Rock, Steel, Ice, and Dark-types, then they may be weak against Darkrai so only use them if you think they will be beneficial in your party.
Pokemon Go Darkrai Counters
Darkrai is the mythical Pokemon from Generation 4 and is a Dark-type Pokemon. This makes it weak against Fighting, Fairy, and Bug-type Pokemon, so these are the types that you should be focusing your party on, with each type dealing 160% damage. Dark-type Pokemon are resistant to Ghost, Dark, and Psychic-type Pokemon. The good news is, none of the types that Darkrai is weak against are weak against Dark-types, so that should make choosing your team easier, but be aware that if any of the Pokemon have a secondary Ghost or Psychic typing that they may be weak against Darkrai.
Darkrai's one Fighting-type move, Focus Blast, is also strong against Normal, Rock, Steel, Ice, and Dark-type Pokemon so that is something to also keep in mind when choosing your team. But, if you're struggling to piece together a strong team then we've got you covered with some suggestions.
Here is a list of some of the best Pokemon to use, as well as their most effective moves.
- Shadow Machamp - Counter + Dynamic Punch
- Shadow Hariyama - Counter + Dynamic Punch
- Conkeldurr - Counter + Dynamic Punch
- Lucario - Counter + Aura Sphere
- Mega Beedrill - Bug Bite + X-Scissor
- Machamp - Counter + Dynamic Punch
- Shadow Granbull - Charm + Play Rough
- Hariyama - Counter + Dynamic Punch
- Shadow Pinsir - Bug Bite + X-Scissor
- Zacian (Hero) - Quick Attack + Play Rough
- Shadow Gardevoir - Charm + Dazzling Gleam
- Heracross - Counter + Megahorn
- Shadow Scizor - Fury Cutter + X-Scissor
- Togekiss - Charm + Dazzling Gleam
- Breloom - Counter + Dynamic Punch
- Toxicroak - Counter + Dynamic Punch
- Shadow Ursaring - Counter + Play Rough
- SirFetchd - Counter + Close Combat
- Mega Lopunny - Low Kick + Focus Blast
- Gardevoir - Charm + Dazzling Gleam
Now you know all of the best Pokemon Go Darkrai counters, check out all the best Pokemon Go Giratina counters when it rolls back around to raids.