Honkai: Star Rail Base Zone locked room - How to open, keycard locations & rewards
As you explore the stars in Honkai: Star Rail, you may come across a locked door or two along the way. One of the trickier doors to unlock in the game is found in the Base Zone of the Herta Space Station.
Here, we’re going to be walking you through everything you need to open the door and claim the rewards for doing so.
- Need more quests to embark on? Why not take a look at how to complete the Rarely Affectionate quests in Honkai: Star Rail as well?
How to open the locked door in Honkai: Star Rail
First things first, you’re going to need to know where exactly this locked door is before you can unlock it. Make your way over to the Herta Space Station’s Base Zone and you’ll be met with two corridors. Head down the right corridor and you’ll find the locked door.
To unlock the Base Zone door in Honkai: Star Rail, you’re going to need to find 3 authentication cards to be granted access. Once you’ve found them, they’ll need to be combined to make the triple authentication verification card.
But where are these key cards? We’ve got you covered below.
- Looking to see what’s next for Honkai: Star Rail? Take a look at our guide on Black Swan and everything we know so far.
Where to find the key cards in Honkai: Star Rail
Here, you’ll find the locations of all three key cards needed to open the door:
|First Authentication Access Key Card||Master Control Zone - Herta Space Station: Talk to the Man with the Afro loitering in the area. Pester him 5 times and he will give you the first key card.|
|Second Authentication Access Key Card||
Master Control Zone - Herta Space Station: Start progressing through the "Road to Revival" mission by talking to Arlan.
Defeating the first boss in this mission will reward you with a key card.
|Third Authentication Access Key Card||Storage Zone - Herta Space Station: Rearrange the bridges in the room until you have created a ramp. After doing so, you'll be able to snag the last key card from the ground.|
- Need some help with your elements in Honkai: Star Rail? Take a peek at our guide detailing them all.
Reward for opening the door in Honkai: Star Rail
Now that you’ve opened the locked door in Honkai: Star Rail, it's time to grab the goodies… but first you’ll have to do a bit of fighting, as two Voidrangers are inside.
Once they’re defeated, a chest will appear. For completing this task, you’ll receive:
- The Seriousness of Breakfast (4-Star) Light Cone
- Stellar Jade x30
- Trailblaze EXP x30
- Hertareum x40
With the door open, your mini-quest is complete!
- That’s everything you need to know about unlocking the Base Zone door in Honkai: Star Rail. Why not check out where to find the Stagnant Shadows and how to unlock them too?
For more on Honkai: Star Rail, stick with GGRecon.