Halo Infinite Winter Contingency: Release Date, Skins, Rewards
The Halo Infinite Winter Contingency event is no here, and follows last month's Tenrai event, which added Samurai armour to the game. The newest event for Halo runs a little differently given the feedback from last time, and this isn't set to be repeated in a few weeks like the Tenrai event. There's a good amount of content to keep Halo players entertained over the Christmas holidays, so here's our rundown of the Halo Infinite Winter Contingency release date, skins, rewards, and more.
- If you want the edge for multiplayer Halo, here's our best Halo Infinite controller settings.
Halo Infinite Winter Contingency: Release Date
Like we predicted, the Halo Infinite Winter Contingency event began yesterday as of writing this, on December 21. This is the same day as the Halo Infinite weekly reset, where the challenges and ultimate reward are changed, which happens every Tuesday.
The times of the weekly reset are:
- UK: 5PM (GMT)
- Europe 6PM (CEST)
- East Coast US: 12PM (EST)
- West Coast US: 9AM (PST)
Halo Infinite Winter Contingency: Rewards
Unlike the Halo Infinite Tenrai event, the Winter Contingency event doesn't have its own associated playlist and challenges. There is still a free battle for the duration of the event that players can work through, but it's different this time.
As expected, there are new customisation items as part of the event, which can be found in the ten tiered battle pass and the in-game store. There's even a curious shop bundle called Cat Lovers, which has literal cat ears for your Spartan to wear.
The rewards set to be in the battle pass were originally leaked, but the one that's available in the event looks a little different. These are:
- Tier 1 - Wild Justice Nameplate
- Tier 2 - Peppermint Laughter Armour Coating (MK VII)
- Tier 3 - UA/TATIUS Left Shoulder Pad (MK VII)
- Tier 4 - UA/TATIUS Right Shoulder Pad (MK VII)
- Tier 5 - Peppermint Laughter MA40 Assault Rifle Coating
- Tier 6 - Snowmageddon Backdrop
- Tier 7 - NAVLOGCOM Nameplate
- Tier 8 - Peppermint Laughter MK50 Sidekick Coating
- Tier 9 - Myesel Ammo Pouch Utility (MK VII)
- Tier 10 - Sunset Contessa Armour Coating (MK VII)
Halo Infinite Winter Contingency: Challenges
If you've tried the new event already, you'd be forgiven for thinking there are no challenges or obvious ways of levelling up the battle pass. It's not very clear, but it plays differently to the Tenrai event, and requires player's to complete the normal battle pass challenges.
Upon finishing one of the weekly challenges, you'll gain a tier in the battle pass, but the catch is that you can only do so once a day. This means you'll have to play the 14-day event for at least 10 of the days to finish the battle pass.