Genshin Impact Cyno: Rarity, Element, Weapon, Abilities, Possible Release Date
In our Genshin Impact Cyno guide, we put together every piece of information available on Cyno, one of the most hyped-up characters in Genshin Impact appearing in teasers and Genshin Impact's official manga. Cyno is finally going to become a playable character with upcoming updates. To learn more, read on for Cyno's rarity, element, weapon, abilities, and release date.
- Genshin Impact Sumeru update is right on the horizon. If you want to learn about the upcoming banners and playable characters, you can check out our article Genshin Impact 3.0 Banner schedule: Everything we know so far.
Genshin Impact Cyno: Rarity, Element, and Weapon
Last year, when rumours began of Cyno being a playable character, some leaks suggested Cyno be a four-star Polearm user. However, the recent leaks, the more reliable ones, suggest Cyno is a five-star Electro element user who wields Polearm as a weapon. In the most recent Sumeru teaser, HoYoverse officially revealed Cyno and many other Sumeru characters. During the reveal, we could see Cyno's Electro vision on his waist.
Genshin Impact Cyno Abilities: Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst
Ever since Genshin Impact Sumeru update leaks began to surface, we have been able to piece together a rough overview of Cyno's Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst abilities. Cyno's Elemental Skill allows him to charge forward, dealing Electro damage to enemies that come in contact. The ability is also linked with the Elemental Burst, as you can activate it right after using Elemental Skill to enhance the Elemental Skill while dealing massive AoE damage using your Elemental Burst. Moreover, when Cyno's Elemental Skill is buffed by the Elemental Burst, hitting opponents may grant 15 seconds extra time to the Elemental Burst.
- Check our Genshin Impact Tier List, and see which character is worth spending time on as well as resources!
Cyno's Elemental Burst, on the other hand, acts like a buff to his Elemental Skill while dealing its own AoE DMG. When you use Cyno's Elemental Burst, Cyno gets infused with Electro, and his Elemental Skill, and Normal Attack animation changes. They deal additional Electro damage, generate Energy Particles, and have other effects.
Below you will find the original leaks and description of Cyno's Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst abilities:
Cyno Elemetal Skill
- It charges forward Activating Q enhances E, making it deal AOE damage
- E can follow Q to extend the duration of Q (trigger conditions unknown, likely is when the buffed E hits enemies which increases the Q duration)
- If C0, you can extend Q this way to a maximum of 15 seconds
- Cooldown: 3 seconds
Cyno Elemental Burst
- 80 Energy, 18s CD, lasts 10 seconds
- Infuses Cyno with electro (Just like Raiden and Itto, it cannot be overridden). Changes E and attack animations, and at the same time, increases E damage and AOE, making it deal AOE damage upon cast.
- Cyno is able to generate energy particles when using Q.
Genshin Impact Cyno: Passive Talents and Constellations
One of the three passive talents of Cyno increases the damage dealt by his Elemental Skill based on his Elemental Mastery. Meanwhile, Cyno's Constellations increase his attributes like Energy Recharge Crit Rate, Crit Damage, and Elemental Mastery. The leaks didn't specify which Constellation will do what, except that C6 Constellation, which makes Cyno's every Elemental Skill receive his Elemental Burst buffs, making unlimited Elemental Burst up time for a short time.
- To get the new Fischl skin, read our guide to all the Phantasmal Conch locations in Genshin Impact.
Here is the original leak describing Cyno's Passive Talents and Constellations:
- Genshin Cyno Passive Talent: Increases E damage based on Cyno's Elemental Mastery.
- Genshin Cyno Constellation: Energy recharge, both crit stats, and EM It is unknown which constellations are responsible for which.
- Constellation 6: All Es will receive his Q's buff, and he will have pseudo-unlimited Q uptime (No downtime between Q casts and possibly suiting Thundering Fury)
- CO Cyno combo: EAAAAEAAAAEAAAA
- C6 Cyno combo with 4TF: EAAEAAEAA
Note - E denotes Cyno's Elemental Skill, and Q denotes his Elemental Burst.
Is There A Genshin Impact Cyno Release Date?
There are leaks that suggest Cyno will become playable during Genshin Impact 3.1 update. As you may already know, Genshin Impact 3.0 till 3.2 updates will be a week shorter than other updates, which are 42 days long. So, if the leaks are true, Genshin Impact 3.1 update will release sometime in October 2022. Since Cyno is a five-star unit, he will get his own Character Event Wish banner.
That is it. Now you know about Cyno's element, weapon, and rarity and have a rough idea of his elemental abilities, passive talents, and Constellations in Genshin Impact.
- For more information on how the Pity System works, read our Genshin Impact Pity System explained guide.