Genshin Impact Ballads: Where To Find And Which Characters Use Them
In Genshin Impact, Ballads are just one of many upgrade materials that can be earned as rewards. Navigating through these different materials in Genshin Impact can be overwhelming initially, especially if you’re new to the game as there are many different ones which upgrade different characters’ talents (special elemental and combat skills). So, read on to discover what Ballads are, how to get them and which characters use them in Genshin Impact.
- Have a craving for a specific character? You'll need Primogems for wishes then! Read our guide on the Genshin Impact Promo Codes and get your free Primogems.
Genshin Impact Ballads: What Are Ballads?
Ballads are a type of Talent Level-Up Material used to level up the Talent of a specific character. A character must gain Adventurer rank 25+ to begin using Talent Level-Up Materials, these can take the form of various things depending on the character, usually they look like a scroll or book. Alchemy is also a mechanic of the game that can be used to combine materials to increase their quality and rank. Ballads look like books and come in three tiers of rarity (distinguished by being either bronze, silver or gold in colour.)
- Bronze quality Ballad (Two-star) – Teachings of Ballad
- Silver quality Ballad (Three-star) – Guide to Ballad
- Gold quality Ballad (Four-star) – Philosophies of Ballad
So, if these were to be combined with alchemy, you could combine three Teachings of Ballad to create one Guide to Ballad. Or, three Guide to Ballads could be combined to create one Philosophy of Ballad using the materials needed and the common currency of Teyvat (Mora).
- Playing on console or PC but wish you could play Genshin Impact on Nintendo Switch instead? Read our guide on the Genshin Impact Switch Release Date.
Genshin Impact Ballads: Where To Find
Ballads are rewarded by completing the Forsaken Rift domain on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. The Forsaken Rift domain is essentially a timed challenge that drops enemies in waves that scale up in difficulty as you survive each one. As the waves become more difficult, the rewards and number of enemies needed to defeat for success also increase. The Forsaken Rift is in Mondstadt, located between Springvale and Dragonspine.
Genshin Impact Ballads: How To Use And Which Characters Use Them
If you wish to combine Ballads with alchemy, you can do this by visiting one of the crafting benches featured throughout Teyvat. This is a feature unlocked in the game once you progress up to level 20 in the Adventurer’s Ranks and unlock the ‘One Giant Step For Alchemy’ quest from Timaeus in Mondstadt. To use Ballads, you’ll have to navigate through the character menu, then the level-up menu for the characters that use Ballads as a Talent Level-Up Material, these are:
- Main Traveler
- Don't see your favourite character on this list? They might be available on this months banner. See our guide on All Past, Current and Upcoming Banners.