Fortnite Prowler: How To Unlock Prowler Skin
Fortnite Prowler is a new arrival in Chapter 3 Season 2. The Marvel villain has joined forces with the Imagined Order in the ongoing Fortnite war. This guide will teach you how to unlock Fortnite Prowler as a playable character along with more details relating to the Prowler Quests and the full Prowler cosmetic set.
- Prowler is far from the only new character and skin in Fortnite. Check out our guide to Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 Battle Pass for a breakdown of all the cosmetics you can expect throughout the season.
Fortnite Prowler: Who Is Prowler?
Two more Marvel characters have joined Fortnite as the war between the Imagined Order and The Seven heats up. One being Doctor Strange and the other being Prowler.
Prowler is one of the lesser-known Marvel characters, so not everyone is familiar with him. Prowler is not a single individual but instead is an alias used by several different characters in the Marvel Universe. Most recently, Miles Morales' uncle from Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse played the part of Prowler. Prowler has been a hero at times, but for the most part, Prowler is a villain.
As a part of Fortnite, Prowler is the secret skin included in the current season's Battle Pass.
Fortnite Prowler: How To Unlock The Prowler Skin
To start, you'll need the Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 Battle Pass. For 950 V-Bucks, you'll gain access to all of the exclusive cosmetics — including the Prowler skin.
However, Fortnite Prowler is not unlocked via the traditional methods. Unlike the large majority of the Battle Pass cosmetics, you cannot unlock Prowler by redeeming Fortnite Battle Stars.
Instead, the Prowler outfit is time-gated. Like the Fortnite The Foundation skin from last season, you cannot begin the process of unlocking Prowler until a fixed date midway through the season. In this case, Fortnite Prowler will be made available on April 19, 2022. No matter what you do, that date is the earliest date you'll be able to unlock and play as Prowler.
- The community is divided... find out what has caused yet more battle lines to be drawn in Fortnite.
Fortnite Prowler: Prowler Quests
Unlocking Prowler in Fortnite isn't as simple as just buying the Battle Pass and waiting either. As was the case with secret skins of the past, you'll need to complete a series of Prowler-themed challenges to fully unlock Prowler and his selectable styles.
The full list of Prowler Quests is as follows:
- Mod a Vehicle, then drive it 500 metres in a single match (1)
- Search chests before taking any damage in a match (7)
- Use a spray at The Daily Bugle (1)
- Collect different weapon types of Epic rarity or higher in a single match (3)
- Headshot opponents with a thermal weapon (3)
- Damage opponents while crouched or sliding (500)
- Collect Bars (300)
Fortnite Prowler: Prowler Quest Tips
Mod a Vehicle, then drive it 500 metres in a single match (1)
To mod a vehicle, you must equip it with one of Fortnite's Vehicle Mods. Types of Vehicle Mods include Cow Catchers and Off-Road Tires. Vehicle Mods are commonly found at Fortnite Gas Stations.
Toss a Vehicle Mod at a suitable vehicle to mod it.
Collect different weapon types of Epic rarity or higher in a single match (3)
The tiers of weapon rarity in Fortnite include:
So, you'll need to collect three different types of Fortnite weapons of either Epic, Legendary, Exotic, or Mythic rarity. These weapon tiers can be identified by their colours: purple, orange, light blue, and gold. The Fortnite NPC locations are a great place to acquire different sorts of high-tier weapons.
Headshot opponents with a thermal weapon (3)
Thermal weapons outline heat signatures when aiming down sight. The only thermal weapon currently available in Chapter 3 Season 2 is the Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle.
Thermal Assault Rifles can be had via Chests, Floor Loot, Supply Drops, and Fishing Holes. The IO Boss NPC, Huntmaster Saber, also drops a Mythic Thermal Rifle upon death.
Secure a Thermal Assault Rifle and hit three headshots with it to complete this Prowler Quest.
Collect Bars (300)
Bars are the currency of the inhabitants of Fortnite Island. Bars can be obtained through a variety of sources — such as opening Chests, completing Fortnite Bounty Boards, and eliminating opponents. For more information, like how to earn 1,000+ Gold Bars in one match, reference our guide on how to earn Gold Bars in Fortnite.
Fortnite Prowler: All Prowler Cosmetics
Prowler brings more than just an outfit — there is an entire Prowler set to unlock. Including the skin, there are nine unique cosmetics in the Prowler set. As we mentioned above, each cosmetic is tied to completing a Prowler Quest. Below is a list of all the Fortnite Prowler cosmetics and the Prowler Quests you must complete to unlock them:
- Prowler’s Grasp Emoticon: Mod a Vehicle, then drive it 500 metres in a single match (1)
- Sky Prowler Glider: Search chests before taking any damage in a match (7)
- Prowler Tag Spray: Use a spray at The Daily Bugle (1)
- Prowler Banner Icon: Collect different weapon types of Epic rarity or higher in a single match (3)
- Mark of the Prowler Wrap: Headshot opponents with a thermal weapon (3)
- Energy Claw Pickaxe: Damage opponents while crouched or sliding (500)
- On the Prowl Loading Screen: Collect Bars (300)
- Prowler Skin: Complete Prowler Quests (3)
- Slash And Smash Emote: Complete Prowler Quests (7)
The Prowler outfit is unlocked upon completion of three Prowler Quests. The Slash and Smash Emote is granted once you have finished all seven Prowler Quests.
That wraps up everything you need to know about the Fortnite Prowler skin. Purchase the Battle Pass and complete Prowler Quests to unlock the Prowler outfit and all of the accompanying cosmetics.
Prowler isn't the only character from outside Fortnite to be joining Epic Games' battle royale. Check out Fortnite x Tiny Tina's Wonderlands to find out how you can nab that skin too.