Diablo 4 Necromancer: Resources, Weapons, And Skills
The Diablo 4 Necromancer was the fifth and final class to be revealed for the upcoming game, and with that reveal came some information on how it will function in-game and what changes were made from the version introduced in Diablo 2 over 20 years ago. So if you're looking for an explanation about the Diablo 4 Necromancer based on what we know so far, check our breakdown of the resources, weapons, and skills.
- Check out how to sign up for the Diablo 4 beta so you can get first access when it comes out.
Diablo 4 Necromancer Resources
To use certain skills in Diablo 4, you will need to build up your classes' resource, but the Necromancer is special in that it has two. Firstly is Essence, which can be built with basic attacks and allows you to use your most powerful skills. There are also Corpses, which is the secondary resource that allows the class to raise their minions, such as skeletons and golems, along with setting traps.
Diablo 4 Necromancer Weapons
The main weapon type for the Necromancer is the reaper's scythe, and this class is the only one in the game that can utilise it. This makes it the optimum weapon for the Necromancer, but you can also use other weapons such as swords, daggers, wands, focuses, and shields.
Diablo 4 Necromancer Skills
There are four Necromancer playstyles that we know about currently: Blood, Bone, Darkness, and The Army. Each one has their own skills to use that defines how you play the game. We know some of the skills for each of the playstyles so far, so we'll run through them.
- Blood Surge - Draws blood from enemies in an area of effect (AoE) that creates a blood nova. You will deal more damage by drawing more blood, so it's best when surrounded by lots of enemies.
- Blood Mist - This is a defensive skill that gives you temporary immunity from damage by transforming into a mist of blood. You can also leech life from enemies when moving through them to heal yourself.
- Bone Spirit - Consume all of your Essence to summon a Bone Spirit that seeks nearby enemies and then explodes to deal AoE damage. You can increase the damage of this skill by using more Essence.
- Bone Prison - Slam your weapon down and create a wall of Bone to surround enemies. The enemies can't break through the prison while it's up, trapping them inside.
- Bone Spear - Creates a projectile Bone Spear that you can throw at enemies, passing through them. It also splinters into three projectiles if you hit it off a wall.
- Decompose - Channel dark magic and use it on enemies to deal damage over time (DOT) and generate Essence. It can also spawn some corpses so you can summon.
- Blight - Casts a ball of energy in any direction that explodes on impact, dealing AoE damage and a DOT effect to enemies that stay in the range.
The Army Skills
- Skeletal Warriors - Summon skeletons from corpses, with a choice of Skirmishers, Defenders, and Reapers.
- Skeletal Mages - Summon skeleton mages from corpses, with a choice of Shadow, Cold, and Bone mages.
- Golems - Summon Golems from corpses, with a choice of Bone, Blood, and Iron Golems.
- Sacrifice - Allows you to kill all your summons to make yourself stronger for a period of time.
Those are the only skills we know of at the moment, but as we get closer to release, we'll likely learn more about them.
That's all for our breakdown of the Diablo 4 Necromancer class, and now you know a little about it will function before release.
We also have a breakdown of all the Diablo 4 classes, featuring everything we know about them so far.