Call Of Duty Vanguard Perks: All The Perks In Vanguard
Many of the Call of Duty Vanguard perks and Field Upgrades have already been confirmed. Perks and Field Upgrades play a major role in Call of Duty multiplayer, allowing you to customize your class for any situation or playstyle. The Call of Duty Vanguard release date isn't far off so let’s go over all of the confirmed Call of Duty Vanguard perks and Field Upgrades and speculate on additional perks and Field Upgrades still to come.
If you're interested in the single-player, check out everything we know on the Call of Duty Vanguard campaign length.
Call Of Duty Vanguard Perks List
Perks are modifiers that players can equip to their class to provide their soldier with passive buffs. Perks are a huge part of the Call of Duty franchise and add an extra layer of customization on top of selecting your guns and equipment. The following list is comprised of all of the confirmed Call of Duty Vanguard perks:
Ghost: Undetectable while moving by Spy Planes, enemy intel, and Field Mics.
- A classic Call of Duty perk. Ghost makes you invisible to enemy Spy Planes, enemies with the Forward Intel perk equipped, and enemy Field Mics. One important note about the Ghost perk in Vanguard is that it only works if you are moving. Campers will not receive the benefits of using Ghost.
Survival Training: Maximized resistance to stun effects. Immune to gas.
- Survival Training is just a renamed version of the Tactical Mask perk from Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. This Call of Duty Vanguard perk will make the user highly resistant to stuns and immune to gas.
High Alert: Your vision pulses when enemies outside of your view see you.
- This perk is from the 2019 version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and is currently available for use in Warzone. This perk will give you an on-screen notification if any enemy outside of your field of view has you lined up in their sights.
Tracker: Enemies leave behind a footprint trail. See markers at enemy death locations and hide the death markers of enemies you kill.
- Another Modern Warfare/Warzone perk, Tracker will allow the user to see the footprints of enemies that have recently passed through an area. Additionally, this Vanguard perk will reveal enemy death locations and hide the death marker of enemies you personally eliminate.
Demolition: Extra lethal on spawn. Thrown lethals display an indicator showing the path of the lethal.
- Demolition is the name of another one of the Call of Duty Vanguard perks. This perk will allow the user to carry an extra lethal throwable like an MK2 Frag Grenade or a Gammon Bomb. On top of that, Demolition will grant the user a visible indicator that displays the lethal’s projected arc.
Double Time: Double the duration of Tactical Sprint. Increase crouch movement speed by 30 percent.
- The Vanguard version of Double Time fuses the traits of a couple of historic Call of Duty perks. This perk doubles the duration of Tactical Sprint and increases movement speed while crouched by 30%. This perk confirms the existence of Tactical Sprint in Vanguard.
Forward Intel: See indicators for enemy reinforcements on your minimap. Minimap shows a larger area.
- It looks like the Forward Intel perk from Black Ops Cold War will be back as one of the Vanguard perks. This perk increases the size of the area viewable on your minimap and will display an indicator on the minimap that shows where enemies are spawning.
We have a solid foundation of confirmed Vanguard perks, but there is no doubt more to come. Scavenger, Flak Jacket, and Overkill are mainstays of Call of Duty and it would be a shock if these perks are not in the main game. Almost every COD title has a perk that allows the player to see enemy equipment and killstreaks through walls, so expect some form of the Spotter or Engineer perk to return in Vanguard. The existence of Field Upgrades in Vanguard makes us think that a Tune Up/Gearhead perk will be available in the full version of Vanguard. Finally, Ghost does not provide protection from killstreaks or thermal sights, so Cold-Blooded must surely have a place among the Vanguard perks.
Call Of Duty Vanguard Field Upgrades
Field Upgrades are back in Call of Duty Vanguard. Field Upgrades are special forms of perks/equipment usable during combat. Once used, Field Upgrades have various recharge times before they can be used again. Only one Field Upgrade can be equipped at a time and the chosen Field Upgrade is applied to all loadouts.
Dead Silence: Temporarily makes your footsteps quieter. Kills refresh duration.
- The presence of Dead Silence as a Vanguard Field Upgrade is an extremely controversial topic in the Call of Duty community. Dead Silence has historically been a perk and was always one of, if not the most popular perk choice. CODs of recent years have turned Dead Silence into a Field Upgrade. Instead of having permanent noise reduction of your footsteps via the perk, players can only move silently for the duration of the Field Upgrade. This leads to situations where players feel like they can’t move or make plays because they have to wait for their Dead Silence Field Upgrade to recharge.
Field Mics: Deploys a recording device that highlights enemy sounds on your minimap.
- When activated, Field Mics will reveal any loud enemy movements or gunfire on the user’s personal minimap. Field Mics are another Field Upgrade that a lot of players are not happy about. The Field Mic is largely unpopular because it's so easily obtained, no one likes to be unknowingly revealed, and it’s another tool that appeals to campers.
There will certainly be more Call of Duty Vanguard Field Upgrades available in the full game, but these are the ones we can confirm exist as of now. A Trophy System Field Upgrade is all but guaranteed based on the past two Call of Duty titles. And we would not be surprised to see some form of the Jammer as a counter to the Vanguard Field Mic Field Upgrade.
That concludes the list of all confirmed Call of Duty Vanguard perks and Field Upgrades that we know of so far. Until launch, let Activision and Sledgehammer Games know your feedback on the Call of Duty Vanguard alpha and prepare for the upcoming Call of Duty Vanguard beta.
Stay tuned here at GGRecon for more Call of Duty Vanguard news, guides, and features, and check out all of our Warzone guides below:
Best Warzone loadouts | Warzone best assault rifles | Warzone best snipers | Warzone best SMGs | Warzone best FFAR loadouts | Warzone best Raal MG loadouts | Warzone best TEC-9 loadouts | Warzone best EM2 loadouts | Warzone best CX-9 loadouts | Warzone best AN94 loadouts | Warzone best C58 loadouts | Warzone best FARA 83 loadouts | Warzone best Galil loadouts | Warzone best Grau loadouts | Warzone best Krig 6 loadouts | Warzone best MG82 loadouts | Warzone best AK74u loadouts | Warzone best AUG loadouts | Warzone best Fennec loadouts | Warzone best ISO loadouts | Warzone best M4A1 loadouts | Warzone best Milano 821 loadouts | Warzone best OTs 9 loadouts | Warzone best RAM-7 loadouts | Warzone best Rytec AMR loadouts | Warzone best SKS loadouts | Warzone best Uzi loadouts | Does Warzone have skill based matchmaking | Best Warzone sensitivity settings | Warzone bunker codes | Warzone player count | Warzone red doors | Warzone new map | How to slide cancel in Warzone