Battlefield 2042 Updates: Patch Schedule And Changes
New Battlefield 2042 updates are on the horizon after DICE opened up about its future plans for the shooter. Battlefield has never been a great franchise for stable launches, but the Battlefield 2042 Steam reviews have been particularly harsh on the latest. Many of those players focused their criticism on the lack of returning Battlefield features, the buggy launch, and the general feel of the game. However, DICE isn't giving up just yet, after recently unveiling elements of the Battlefield 2042 patch schedule. Want to know what's on the way? We've got everything you need to know about the Battlefield 2042 updates.
- Sitting on the fence on whether to get the game or not? Check out our Battlefield 2042 review.
Battlefield 2042 Updates: Patch Schedule
The upcoming Battlefield 2042 updates were first detailed in an extensive blog from DICE, stating that players will see two updates arrive in the game before the New Year. The first update will go live on November 25, known as Update #2, addressing some of the most immediate issues that many players have been dealing with. Among them are issues like unavailable revives for down players, players being stuck in a downed state, and vehicle balancing for the LCAA Hovercraft and MD540 Nightbird. Players will be ecstatic about that last one no doubt, as the broken Hovercrafts have even been annihilating helicopters.
The third Battlefield 2042 patch, known as Update #3, is stated to go live in early December. This will also be the biggest Battlefield 2042 update, which is said to bring "significantly more fixes, changes, and more importantly, quality of life enhancements".
Battlefield 2042 Updates: What Is Being Addressed In Update #3
The upcoming patch for Battlefield 2042 updates a variety of elements that are sure to improve the game substantially. From mode changes to adjustments to specialist gadgets, Battlefield 2042 Update #3 is shaping up to be a monster of a patch. We've got a full list of every component that will be addressed in the Battlefield 2042 patch along with some of the highlights for each.
Battlefield 2042 Updates: Improvements, Modes, And Progression
The Battlefield 2042 updates will be addressing issues that spread across the various modes, maps, and even UI. With 2042 being a big departure from previous entries in the franchise, there is a lot of balancing and improvements to be made.
- User Interface - Interactions prompts will be made clearer and loadout menus will be streamlined and polished.
- Matchmaking - Smoothing of cross-play invites and insurance that matches won't be stuck in an unresponsive state.
- Progression and Unlocks - Introducing weekly challenges that reward cosmetic unlocks and improved XP/challenge tracking.
- Rendering - Visual improvements.
- Maps - Over 150 individual fixes, small changes, and improvements across all of our maps.
- Battlefield Portal - New match templates including Infection, Vehicle Team Deathmatch and Team and FFA Gun Master.
- Battlefield Hazard Zone- Visual improvements to Extraction Zone, currency system, scoreboard and menus.
- Conquest - Reduced world log messages to clear up UI.
- Breakthrough - Tuned capture times, UI improvements, and out of bounds spawn safety improved.
- General - Fixed missing loadouts, eased player reporting, and improved helicopter animation.
- Dynamic World Improvements - Improvements to interaction prompts, tornado and smoke visual effect improvements and improved destruction audio.
- Vehicles - Players in Hovercraft can be shot through window, stuck vehicle issue resolved, gadget cooldown now continues in vehicle.
- Weapons - Increased PP-29 vertical recoil, reduced spread across all guns, reduced effectiveness of the NTW-50 against vehicles.
- HUD- Nearby revivers will now be highlighted if within 50 metres, added health bars on vehicles and enemies when aimed at, and world icons scaled down at distance.
- Bots - Bots behaviour improvements.
- Audio - Improved off-screen sounds and ranged audio.
- Don't want to wait till the next update it out before jumping into Hazard Zone? No problem, we've got some Battlefield 2042 Hazard Zone tips.
Battlefield 2042 Updates: Specialists
Battlefield 2042 updates are going to address balancing issues brought around with specialists, which give players unique abilities in replacement of the traditional class system. Each of these elements will receive as part of the Battlefield 2042 patch schedule.
- Battlefield 2042 Sundance - Grenade Belt and Wingsuit
- Battlefield 2042 Angel- Loadout Crate
- Battlefield 2042 Irish - DCS Deployable Cover
- Battlefield 2042 Dozer - SOB-8 Ballistic Shield
- Battlefield 2042 Rao - Cyber Warfare Suite
- Battlefield 2042 Paik - EMG-X Scanner
- Battlefield 2042 Casper - OV-P Recon Drone
- Battlefield 2042 Boris - SG-36 Sentry Gun
- Battlefield 2042 Falck - S21 Syrette Pistol
- Battlefield 2042 MacKay - Grappling Hook
You can take a look over each of the Battlefield 2042 specialists and their abilities in our dedicated guide.
Battlefield 2042 Updates: Gadgets And Weapons
Last in the long list of changes coming in Battlefield 2042 updates we have the gadgets and weapons which can really turn the tide on a losing match.
- CG Recoilless M5
- C5 Explosives
- SOFLAM Designator
- Anti-Tank Mine
- Medical Crate and Supply Crate
- Smoke Grenade
- Frag Grenade
- Repair Tool
- Insertion Beacon
- FXM-33 AA Missile
You can find the full list of feature that were announced in the Battlefield 2042 patch schedule, on DICE's blog.
Battlefield 2042 Updates: Future Patches
The upcoming Battlefield 2042 updates aren't the only ones on the horizon. With the first season not launching until "early 2022", DICE announced that there was a fourth smaller patch, which it was planning to release before Christmas. DICE also mentioned some player feedback it had received concerning elements like end-of-match scoreboard, server browsers, and Voice Chat. However, it didn't offer any details, and just stated that it would "come back" to us when it has more to show.
With Battlefield 2042 supposedly being supported for years to come, there is clearly a lot of work to do and DICE seems keen to do it too. With the Battlefield 2042 patch schedule providing more details, it will hopefully be reassurance to the players that are currently finding 2042 to b a lacklustre experience.
Now that you've got the details on the Battlefield 2042 updates, why not check out why players are having issues with the Battlefield 2042 scoreboard.