The singer has gone all out on his custom gaming PC.
Canadian singer Abel Makkonen Tesfaye (aka The Weeknd) has had an incredible gaming PC made by an external company, and the stats are seriously impressive.
The people behind the build, Paradox Customs, explained that another singer, Nav, reached out to them and asked them to make The Weeknd a custom build. They also shared a video of how exactly it was built, and it's stunning. With a liquid cooling system, and a colour scheme that pays homage to The Weeknd's half-time show at the Super Bowl, every inch of the build has been carefully constructed.
According to Dexerto, the specs are as follows:
- AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core Processor — $700
- Asus X570-E Motherboard — $430
- EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming 24GB — $3,000
- Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3600Mhz — $340
- NZXT Kraken Z73 Liquid Cooler — $150
- Mushkin 2TB Gamma Gen4 NVME SSD (7,000MB/s Read/Write) — $500
- Mushkin 8TB Alpha Gen3 NVME SSD (3,500MB/s Read/Write) — $1200
- Maingear 1200W Platinum Power Supply — $250
- Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL Case — $230
- Corsair QL120 RGB Fan x6 — $260
- Lian Li Strimer Plus — $50
The Weeknd isn't the only big celebrity who has had a custom gaming PC built for them. Icons such as Post Malone and Terry Crews had their own PCs built by YouTuber Jayztwocents,
Posty's came to over $7.5k altogether, with 'Beerbongs and Bentleys' embossed on the side. GameByte put together the specs for his custom build, and they're a sight for sore eyes too.
- PC Case – Singularity Spectre
- Motherboard – ROG Rampage VI Extreme
- CPU – Intel 7940-X
- RAM – 64GB Sniper X RAM
- Storage – ADATA SSDs
- GPU – Two Titan XPs
- Power Supply – EVGA 1000-P2
- Water cooling – custom blocks from EK and built-in cooling with the case
We're feeling very jealous right now.
Images via YouTube