Competitive Season 13 dates and info, Season 14 start dates, and information on Rocket Pass 3 and 4, it’s all here!
As has become tradition toward the end of a Rocket League season, Psyonix provided details on competitive season rewards, the new season, and more in a blog post earlier today.
Competitive Season 13 — the first competitive season of 2020 — will end on March 25. Season 14 will kick off that same day, about two hours after Season 13 ends.
Season 12 of competitive Rocket League provided perhaps the best rewards yet. Each season reward level, from Bronze to Grand Champion, was awarded a different universal animated decal.
This season, Psyonix has gone back to the basics. Season 13, will once again be wheels. This is the fourth time in the 13 seasons of competitive Rocket League that wheels have been chosen as the season reward. Additionally, Grand Champion ranked players will all receive a unique in-game title depending on the game mode they achieved Grand Champ in.
The season reward breakdown is as follows:
COMPETITIVE SEASON 13 REWARDS
- Bronze I or higher – Season 13 Bronze Wheels
- Silver I or higher – Season 13 Silver Wheels + lower Wheels
- Gold I or higher – Season 13 Gold Wheels + lower Wheels
- Platinum I or higher – Season 13 Platinum Wheels + lower Wheels
- Diamond I or higher – Season 13 Diamond Wheels + lower Wheels
- Champion I or higher – Season 13 Champion Wheels + lower Wheels
COMPETITIVE SEASON 13 GRAND CHAMPION REWARDS
- Competitive Grand Champion – ‘Season 13 – Grand Champion’ In-Game Title + Grand Champion Wheels + all Season 13 Wheels
- Rumble Grand Champion – ‘Season 13 – RNG Champ’ In-Game Title + Grand Champion Wheels + all Season 13 Wheels
- Dropshot Grand Champion – ‘Season 13 – Floor Destroyer’ In-Game Title + Grand Champion Wheels + all Season 13 Wheels
- Hoops Grand Champion – ‘Season 13 – Dunk Master’ In-Game Title + Grand Champion Wheels + all Season 13 Wheels
- Snow Day Grand Champion – ‘Season 13 – Blizzard Wizard’ In-Game Title + Grand Champion Wheels + all Season 13 Wheels
Rocket Pass Five will come to an end on the same day, March 25. While it is not mentioned in the official blog post specifically, we can also assume that Rocket Pass Six will be released later that day with Season 14.
The community's reaction to this news was mixed. Comments such as a sarcastic “more wheels yay” and “those wheels are ugly AF” filled the comment sections on Twitter and Reddit.
An official Psyonix staff member took to Reddit to address the complaints and even seemed open to choosing the Season 14 rewards based on community feedback. In response to one comment saying “Why tf are we getting wheels again? We have got just about everything but a banner but now wheels again???,” Psyonix Devin replied, “would you want to see Player Banners as rewards for Season 14?”
However, it was not all disappointment. Many of the comments expressed their gratitude and thought the wheels were a great reward. It just goes to show that you cannot please everyone. No matter what Psyonix chose, surely there would be some players who had their issues.
For more details, the official blog post can be found here.
Image via Psyonix.