The Map Pool, Restricted Items and more have been revealed for Competitive CoD.
With just over a week to go until the opening event of the inaugural season of the Call of Duty League (CDL), a brand-new ruleset has been unveiled by league operations.
Both amateur and professional teams have been practicing hard ahead of the opening weekend of action taking place on January 24th. Maps have been removed from all three competitive game modes, weapons and equipment have been restricted and a movement mechanic has also been disabled.
Weapon loadouts have also been impacted with the restrictions of Hardline and Quick Fix perks and all forms of laser attachments. Along with the attachment and perk restrictions, the MK2 Carbine, the EBR-14 and the Kar98k marksman rifles have all been restricted.
The full list of changes are as follows:
- Removing Arklov Peak
- Map Pool: Azhir Cave, Gun Runner, Hackney Yard, Rammaza, St. Petrograd
Search & Destroy
- Removing Azhir Cave & Hackney Yard
- Map Pool: Arklov Peak, Gun Runner, Piccadilly, Rammaza, St. Petrograd
- Removing Rammaza
- Map Pool: Gun Runner, Hackney Yard, St. Petrograd
New Restricted Items
- FAL Assault Rifle
- All Marksman Rifles
- All Laser attachments
- Frangible – Disabling Weapon Perk
- Quick Fix
- Decoy Grenades
- Weapon mounting set to DISABLED.
- Battle Chatter set to DISABLED.
- Announcer Dialogue set to ENABLED.
- Team Setting “Weapon Ping on Compass” set to ENABLED
With such a change coming so close to an event, it is still unclear as to whether these rules will be the ones that are used in Minnesota at Launch Weekend or they will receive further modification in the week leading up to the event.
This sort of change has sadly become the norm in Call of Duty esports. Normally it is the developer that releases a game-altering update just days prior to an event starting. Having no confirmation as to whether this is the ruleset that will be used in the first tournament of the season suggests that further changes are coming in the not too distant future.