Absolutely Massive Cyberpunk 2077 Update Includes Hundreds Of Changes
CD Projekt Red has confirmed that a new Cyberpunk 2077 update is coming, and will include 'hundreds of changes'.
As you may remember, back in February the game confirmed that the update would come out in the 'second half of March', as the cyber attack that they unfortunately fell victim to meant they needed more time. In a Tweet, they explained: "The recent cyber attack on the studio’s IT infrastructure and extensive scope of the update mean this, unfortunately, will not happen — we’ll need some additional time.” The lengthy statement went on to say, "We’ve been working on numerous overall quality improvements and fixes, and we still have work to do to make sure that’s what you get".
It looks like the time has now come, with CDPR confirming that the update is on its way.
The patch notes have been released, and honestly there's just far too many to list here. You can check out the full list on their website, however highlights include:
- Fixed an issue where pedestrians could get teleported after being hit by a vehicle.
- V will no longer get stuck behind the desk in the hospital lobby in Gig: Cuckoo's Nest.
- Fixed an issue where an exploding mine would not alarm nearby enemies in Gig: Goodbye, Night City.
- NPC hit by a car will now immediately run in panic.
- Fixed an issue where Projectile Launch System had no cooldown.
- Bump reaction for friendly NPCs has been disabled.
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to take an elevator to Embers in Nocturne OP55N1.
- Panam now properly says her final dialogue line in All Along the Watchtower.
- Space Oddity no longer spawns multiple paintings blocking the quest's progress.
- Fixed an issue where grappled enemies played voice lines as if the player bumped into them.
- Players can no longer cancel fall damage by performing a slide action when about to fall from greater heights.
- Fixed an issue where achievements for completing district activities were not always unlocked.
- Reduced power of revolver wielding NPCs.
- Fixed an issue where V could get stuck in empty buildings when exiting a vehicle parked close to a wall.
Previously, the 1.1 patch overhauled the game with bug fixes and general performance perks, however, we can see from the patch notes that 1.2 is taking this to the next level. Let's also remember there's the proposed next-gen upgrade for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S AND the eventual release of the first DLC.
Images via CD Projekt Red